3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2015 11:25 AM by A.T. Romano

What version of elements is compatible with Window 10 o/s  [premiere elemenat

alberth78487664 Level 1

Hello, premiere elements 9 crashed my pc. Windows 10 O/S Which version of elements is compatible with this      Windows 10?

• 1. Re: What version of elements is compatible with Window 10 o/s  [premiere elemenat
          A.T. Romano Level 7

alberth

If your Premiere Elements 9 is crashing on Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit), then you should look to troubleshooting Premiere Elements 9.

I have Windows 10 installed on two computers and have the impression that Premiere Elements successes and failures are the same before and after the upgrade to Windows 10. I have looked at Premiere Elements versions 7 through 13 and also some Photoshop Elements versions.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Premiere Elements On Windows 10 Daily Discoveries

Did you install Premiere Elements 9 to a new computer that came with Windows 10 or did you upgrade your existing operating system (Premiere Elements 9 already installed) to Windows 10?

Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of 9?

Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the car?

Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

What are you doing when "Premiere Elements 9 crashes your Windows 10 computer"

a. trying to install it

b. in the new project dialog

c. in the workspace while you are editing the Timeline content?

d. when you take your Timeline content to Share/?

e. other?

Do you have QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and are you running the programs as administrator? What version of QuickTime is installed on your computer? See blog post details on that in above link.

Any error messages associated with this problem?

Please review, consider, and supply more details. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: What version of elements is compatible with Window 10 o/s  [premiere elemenat
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Version 13 is what is current... I think it works with Win10 with the 13.1 update

Also, for what you have...

TWO ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-1 right click the program icon (or setup.exe to install) and select a compatibility mode

-2 go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

• 3. Re: What version of elements is compatible with Window 10 o/s  [premiere elemenat
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Albert

Already included in my questions (post 1) is the question

Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

I was saving a companion question related to that question for when I had more details from you. But since you are being pointed to the video card/graphics card again, I best bring up this companion request.

Premiere Elements 9.0 was particularly prone to display card error independant of the computer operating system. And, the deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file has been a life saver to many who ran into this 9 problem even with the latest version of the display card driver version. So, if and when it becomes appropriate, please delete the BadDrivers.txt file. How to do this is described fully in the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

Don't forget having the Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the path to the BadDrivers.txt file.

ATR