6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 4:04 PM by alanw10799474

After trying to install Win 10  , which by any reason fails.......

LenAndersson

I decided to revert to Win 7 Pro as I had before.  I had to do a clean install of win 7 since by any reasons win 10 hade made all my files and programmes corrupted !!!

Poor me !!!

When I then downloaded my purchased copy aof Lightroom 6 ( pls note not a CC version)  i finally succeded in that download . But....... after a correct (?!) dowload with no interruptiuons, the programme won´t start.

I dowloaded it again, and again and again.... allways with the same result !

I have spent several hours now reading all the Adobepages I could find, but everything  concerning Lightroom   is concentrated for their CC version. I can not find any way , to comunicate, even with the chat support, without ending up in CC versions.

It is unbelievable how Adobe just can ignore us who purchased a programme. I have purchased the last 4 versions, and never had any problems until now.  And now when I need help , there seems to be no help available.......

Anyone recognize this problem , ie  that Lighroom installs and then it is impossible to start ?   Solutions ??

Pls help , I am getting desperate after all this mess with win 10 and corrupted files and programme.

Thanks in advance // Len

• 1. Re: After trying to install Win 10  , which by any reason fails.......
          Keith_Reeder Level 4

How have you been "ignored"?

And you haven't actually said what the problem is. Simply saying that Lightroom "won't start" doesn't tell us much.

Does it get so far? Does it give error messages? Does it start if you Run as Administrator? Are you sure it has installed properly?

• 2. Re: After trying to install Win 10  , which by any reason fails.......
            sparky8345

I am having some issues also. After upgrading to Windows 10, Lightroom 6 will not start. Every time I attempt to open, it gets to the opening screen, then Windows gives me a message that states, "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I have attempted to open it as an administrator, and I still receive the same message. I have, also, reinstalled Lightroom from the disk and still get the same problem.

• 3. Re: After trying to install Win 10  , which by any reason fails.......
              sparky8345 Level 1

I have had more than one issue with Win10. The slower processing speeds got to me, so I reverted back to Windows 8.1. All of a sudden, I can access my copy of Lightroom 6. I was glad to hear that I wasn't the only one with this problem and I hope that you get the help you need. I also hope that Adobe gets on top of this as I feel this is a support issue that should be handled by their support team.

• 4. Re: After trying to install Win 10  , which by any reason fails.......
                LenAndersson Level 1

How have I been ignored ????

Well, as I said, when I needed help, the first place I turned to was of course the Adobe support pages, when my problem concerns a Adobe programme.

Entering these pages, it is hart near impossible to find anything concerning the purchased programme, it ís all abt the CC version.
                Never the less, when entering , like in my case  I choosed " Download, installation and activation " as a problemsubject.

The Next step, I was urged to check a certain number of pages, which all of them lead me around and did not get me a second closer to a solution, and all of them ended up in the same way:
                "do you need more help?"  follow this link , and a new "sightseeing" among supportpages again for CC-version. and , surprisingly the same endstation as before.  " Do you need further assistance ?"

Then contact our support on chat. But, before you do that pls read these FAQ , and again I was sent out for a sightseeing.....

This is in my opinion as far as possible from support , and moore a way of making a frustrated person even moore frustrated.

Thas is why I feel that Adobe ignore the purchased programmes in their support.

Next issue: " Simply saying that Lightroom won´t start , doesn´t tell us much !" 

That I can relate to, because it does not tell me anything either.!

There was no error messages or any indication in any way, why it would not start, It just did not start .

I have had Lightroom for several years , and installed them , and reinstalled them over and over again, which I of course did this day too when everything went wrong.

Of course I was trying to run it also as a administrator, but again - ABSOLUTELY nothing happened when I tried to open the programme.  For a few seconds the computer indicated that something was starting,

and then it all  went back to  absolutely no lifesign at all.

After spending more than onde day with this Win 10 uppgrade and Lightroom installation, I gave up.

I tried to roll back to Win 7 pro that I had before.......... just to recieve the information that it was not possible due to " corrupted " files. Which files I have not a clue abt.

So , I had to swallow that terrible medicine and clear out the whole ssd desk and then do a clean Win 7 Pro installation. I did and then I had to spend most of this day with all the uppgrades to get that OS into "todays" shape.

When that was ready , I installed Win 6 without any problem, so now  the programme is running like it allways done.

I still do not have any clue of what happened or rather what did not happen !

Kind regards  // Lennart Andersson

• 5. Re: After trying to install Win 10  , which by any reason fails.......
                  LenAndersson Level 1

I had to choose the same solution as you , go backwards to the old OS , and then the problem was solved !

Now there are two of us who had to manage without any support at all from Adobe !

Unbelievable !

How many moore are there out ther struggeling with the same issue ??????

All the best // Lennart Andersson

• 6. Re: After trying to install Win 10  , which by any reason fails.......
                    alanw10799474

Hi

If anyone is still monitoring this thread, I am having the same problem with Win 10 and LR6.

My LR6 will not launch following the Windows 10 major update last week.

I get this dialogue from Windows, overlaid on the LR start page;

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have no option at this point except closing Lightroom.

I have rebooted multiple times. Note that this seemed to fix the same problem on three previous occasions following earlier smaller Windows 10 updates and also re-installed Lightroom twice, all to no effect. When I do start a reinstall I am informed that there may be a problem because the installer has detected that a restart may be pending. Even if I then shut down and restart I get the same message again when attempting the reinstall.

Has anyone found a solution over the past few months?

I also wish to echo Len's comments regarding the atrocious lack of support from Adobe for the purchased version of Lightroom. Clearly they are trying to drive everybody to CC and the perpetual revenue stream.

Thanks

Alan