1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2015 11:31 AM by A.T. Romano

Uploading to YouTube

samr65005061

I am trying to upload a video from Premiere Elements to YouTube.  YouTube is saying that the file format is not supported and the .prel format is not on the list of YouTube supported formats.  I tried to save the Premier file to a YouTube supported format but it hasn't worked.  What should I do?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Uploading to YouTube
          A.T. Romano Level 7

samr

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system is involved?

At the present time there is a HTTP 500 error problem with the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature.

Please refer to Publish and share

The prel file is the Premiere Elements project file. That does not get uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Please export your Timeline content to a AVCHD.mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive. Then upload that AVCHD.mp4 file to YouTube at the YouTube web site. That path is working OK at the present time. If you have any problems exporting your Timeline content to file, please let us know and we will go into deeper detail on how to do that using Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD.

Thanks.

ATR