12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 7:05 AM by Debra Dever

Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw

phillipt83403410

The vector shapes I create on the mobile app Adobe Shapes appear just fine in the Creative Cloud mobile app and online on Assets.Adobe.com, but when I am in the mobile app Illustrator Draw (and signed in under the same Account), neither the libraries or shapes I created show up at all.

Can you please help me with this problem? I've tried everything I can think of.

• 1. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw
          KoMaruyama Adobe Community Professional

You need to do it on an iPad

Change from App Shapes to your "MY LIBRARY"

Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 8.18.30 PM.png

• 2. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw
            phillipt83403410 Level 1

I am doing this all on an iPad, and I know how you are supposed to be able to use your created vectors, but what I am telling you is that the vectors I created, and even the libraries that they're supposed to be in, do not show up under the my libraries tab in Illustrator Draw.

• 3. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw

It sounds like it could be a WiFi or 'sync' issue if you see the library area, but it is not updating with the materials that you've created and saved to your same CC account.

This is on an iPad, the libraries are not available on the iPhone (iOS 8.x at least)

• 4. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw
                Debra Dever

Phillip I have the same problem. I've asked & asked and can get no good answers. I create something in Adobe Draw, plug my iPad into my computer by USB cord, have Illustrator running and signed in with the SAME ADOBE ID as I created the vector art with on the iPad, and hit the button "Send to Illustrator" within Draw. Supposedly it is supposed to open up in Illustrator using these steps. DOES NOT WORK. Therefore the only way to get it is as a JPG which of course destroys your vector artwork.

The only glitch I can figure is that I'm working on an educational version that was installed as a package rather than as a normal installation. I think I might have to be signed in as the original (billing) administrator e-mail, which is the school IT guy, and as a teacher's aide I am not allowed to have his password. This is a real problem since each of my students has their own Adobe ID and creates things on the iPad yet cannot do this supposed "seamless transfer" that they advertise these mobiles apps as...I suppose I will have the same problem with the other mobile apps...very frustrating.

Are you signing in with the email that is attached to your Creative Cloud (paid) membership?

• 5. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw
                  Debra Dever Level 1

Hello again Phillip,

Tried this on my home computer. It appears you DO have to be signed in with the "paid subscription" Adobe ID,

on both the iPad and Illustrator. (Go to Illustrator...Help and it will show you if you're signed in.)

Connect iPad to computer, open your illustration in Draw, and hit the upload/arrow button. Send to Illustrator CC

and it will open up as an AI file on your computer, complete with layers and vectors. (I had Illustrator running before I tried this.)

My problem now is how to get 12 iPads to connect to 12 iMacs with 12 different Adobe IDs for students, when none of them

is connected to a paid Adobe CC subscription.

• 6. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw

have Illustrator running and signed in with the SAME ADOBE ID as I created the vector art with on the iPad

I think I might have to be signed in as the original (billing) administrator e-mail, which is the school IT guy, and as a teacher's aide I am not allowed to have his password.

As long as it's the same, any educational CC subscription should work just fine.

The important part is that you're able to log into the desktop CreativeCloud account and the iPad CC account with the exact same credentials before you attempt to send it to your desktop.

Ask your IT guy to allow you to switch CC accounts on the desktop (or perhaps he can for you).  It's a very simple process that doesn't take more than 1 minute. (Perhaps I'll try to make a tutorial this month on how to do that, if it'd help.)

IT should allow students to log into their desktop computers with their own CC credentials as well.

Make sure that students log out after their class/lesson is completed.

Don't use the "saved to CC" image, that's the JPG.  You'll need the one that is generated by Draw.  It sends directly to the CC2014 or CC2015 Illustrator desktop application. (Unfortunately, your USB cable won't help <-irritating).

Sounds like a great classroom tho!

• 7. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw
                      Debra Dever Level 1

So looking back at your original question, without all my problems,

I would say the only steps you were missing were to connect iPad to computer

and then upload your image (Send to Illustrator CC).

I'd like to know if this works for you!!

• 8. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw

Unfortunately Debra,

I don't think there is a way for unsubscribed users to send their vector work to an active application.

And here's something I don't understand: If your students create illustrations with Adobe Shape or Line, you can convert that flat artwork into vector shapes in Illustrator! (there's a button).  I'd love to have that for Draw.

If your students use "Line" or "Sketch" apps, the artwork is converted to the drawn stroke, and doesn't take width variations into account.

(don't need to connect computer<>iPad physically, just via internet connection)

Please sign the petition:

93 views, but isn't getting any traction:

Feature Request: Save to CreativeCloud as vector format (svg / ai / draw)

• 9. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw
                          Debra Dever Level 1

Thanks for your input.

I have not found a way from Draw to import ("Send to Illustrator") an illustration to the desktop other than having the iPad connected to the computer.

It does not work any other way that I am aware of. Even with wifi connected and working. And ONLY using a "paid subscription" Adobe ID.

I will try again but only works for me through direct connection with iPad.

Students can sign in & out with their individual Adobe ID's to Illustrator through the "Help" menu at the top when the program is running.

We wanted to use this feature (as well as InDesign) in order to access their individual Kuler/Color libraries, assets, etc. within the program.

However, we cannot let them do this anymore because the CC software sees THEIR Adobe ID and connects the subscription to THEIR

Adobe ID rather than the school's. This causes a huge problem because Adobe CC then associates the software to the student Adobe ID...which

is not a "paid subscription"...therefore it starts running all the Adobe programs as a "trial". This causes a nightmare as I'm sure you can image...

we've had to reload everything before...so this isn't a solution.

Where is the button and how do you transfer an object from Shape to Illustrator? I have yet to find that.

Thanks again!

• 10. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw

With the drawing from Adobe Sketch or Adobe Line selected, choose OBJECT > SKETCH & LINE ART > EXPAND TO PATHS.

again, it doesn't honor the brush width variation, just the paths

• 11. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw
                              Debra Dever Level 1

I know how to do work with the object once it's in Illustrator. The problem I have is how do I get the object from Shape INTO Illustrator? Thanks

• 12. Re: Unable to see vectors I created on Adobe Draw
                                Debra Dever Level 1

Did you have any luck after connecting iPad to your computer?