1 2 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2015 6:18 AM by A.T. Romano

problemen met export naar mpg

Adobe gebruiker

Ik heb in Première Elements 11 een movie van 1 uur en 23 minuten gemaakt en geëxporteerd naar een MPG HD720p25 om op dvd te branden.

Kreeg eerst bestanden van circa 4 Gb en toen plotseling werden ze 7,2 Gb en stond er 6 uur film op, waarvan 4,5 uur alleen zwart.

Dit gebeurde wel 4x achter elkaar en ik weet niet waarom. De MPG's kunnen door Première Elements niet gelezen worden om in te korten.

Kent iemand de oorzaak en oplossing van dit probleem?

• 1. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First, HD video will not create a DVD as is... a DVD is SD only, so your HD file must be converted to SD to create a DVD

>6 hours of film, of which 4.5 hours only black

Timeline too long (orphans) http://forums.adobe.com/thread/652216?tstart=30

• 2. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
            A.T. Romano Level 7

adobe gebruiker

First your immediate problem....

You export your Timeline to MPEG2.mpg file (Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HD720p25). The Timeline that you see and want before export has a duration of about about 1 hour and 30 minutes, and the file exported has about 6 hours duration. That means that you have a leftover at the 6 hour mark on the Timeline. What you do is press the End key of the computer to get the Timeline Indicator  to that point, expand the Timeline with the -+ slider, and look for the leftover that is causing the problem. It could be a whole clip that you moved there and forgot about, or it could be a sliver of a clip which is presenting as a thin vertical black line or lines scattered about that area. Delete the leftover. Repeat using the End key until the Timeline Indicator stops at the end of the intended Timeline.

John points to the same type of explanation. But, now here is where I have some concern about this thread.

1. What do you want to do?:

a. Take the MPEG2.mpg 720p25, import it into a new project, and then burn to DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc or burn to AVCHD on DVD disc?

2. Let us assume that you want that content to end up on as DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc? So, I would ask, "Why are you creating this MPEG2.mpg intermediate instead of just burning the Timeline content using Publish+Share/Disc/DVD with preset = PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD?"

3. I disagree with

HD file must be converted to SD to create a DVD

The Timeline HD content is encoded in the widescreen export selected. You do not have to do any converting of this HD content. You should get a perfectly good DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD with the HD project preset to correspond to the properties of your source files on the Timeline.

4. The other thought are you really trying to produce a MPEG2.mpg 720p25 file that you plan on putting on a DVD disc as data disc and then using a multimedia player or something else for playback? Consider, at this point, we do not know if your end product is DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD, or something else.

Please review and consider what I have written. If any questions or need clarification, please ask. I would encourage John to revisit this thread to elaborate on his "HD file must be converted to SD to create a DVD".

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
              Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Dear ATR,

Thank you so much for your advice! It worked!

My MPG file HD720p25 is now 4,18 Gb, so I have to shorten it a little bit to

fit on a dvd.

Earlier I exported it to a PAL standard dvd, but that became a much larger

file than when I chose HD720p25.

I am very grateful for your response, thanks again!

Regards,

LO

Op 30-08-15 01:54, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in

Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7911930#7911930>

adobe gebruiker First your immediate problem.... You export your Timeline to

MPEG2.mpg file (Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HD720p25). The

Timeline that you see and want before export has a duration of about about 1

hour and 30 minutes, and the file exported has a about a 6 hours duration.

That means that you have a leftover at the 6 hour mark on the Timeline. What

you do is press the End key of the computer to get the Timeline Indicator  to

that point, expand the Timeline with the -+ slider, and look for the leftover

that is causing the problem. It could be a whole clip that you moved there and

forgot about, or it could be a slider of a clip which is presenting as a thin

vertical black line or lines scattered about that area. Delete the leftover.

Repeat using the End key until the Timeline Indicator stops at the end of the

intended Timeline. John points to the same type of explanation.Now here is

where I have some concern about this thread. 1. What do you want to do?:a.

Take the MPEG2.mpg 720p25, import it into a new project, and then burn to

DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc or burn to AVCHD on DVD disc? 2. Let us

assume that you want that content to end up on as DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD

disc? So, I would ask, "Why are you creating this MPEG2.mpg intermediate

instead of just burning the Timeline content using Publish+Share/Disc/DVD with

preset = PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD?" 3. I disagree with

>> HD file must be converted to SD to create a DVD

The Timeline HD content is encoded in the widescreen export selected. You do

not have to do any converting of this HD content. You should get a perfectly

good DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD with the HD project preset to correspond to

the properties of your source files on the Timeline. 4. The other thought are

you really trying to produce a MPEG2.mpg 720p25 file that you plan on putting

on a DVD disc as data disc and then using a multimedia player or something

else for playback? Please review and consider what I have written. If any

questions or need clarification, please ask. I would encourage John to revisit

this thread to elaborate on his "HD file must be converted to SD to create a

DVD". Thank you. ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this

answer as correct by visiting:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7911930#7911930 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread,

not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either

reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe

Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your

message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7911930#7911930 To unsubscribe from this

thread, please visit the message page at

, click "Following" at the

top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by

email

<mailto:discussions-community-premiere_elements@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.c

om>  or at Adobe Community

<https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14

&container=3271>  For more information about maintaining your forum email

notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

>

• 4. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

Thanks for the update. We are glad that you have sorted through the troubleshooting to gain success. Good job.

But, I would caution you about your choice of export....if you have a 16:9 project, you do not want to be burning it to disc with Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with the preset = PAL Dolby Digital or exporting it to file MPEG2.mpg PAL DVD Standard. Those are 4:3 settings. For your 16:9 project, you want a 16:9 export, for example, Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset = PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD or export to file MPEG2.mpg PAL DVD Widescreen.

And, a just in case mention, DVD disc labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes is in reality 4.38 GB. And, the DVD disc labelled 8.5 GB/240 minutes is in reality 7.95 GB. Do you work in the burn dialog with a check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space"?

Please consider.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                  Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Thanks for your additional information!

As a matter of fact my setting is indeed 4:3, as I first made an animation

in Keynote (combination of pictures and HD movies), converted that to a

Quicktime movie with mov. extension and imported that in Première Elements

with preset PAL 4:3. Therefore, I was suprised when making a test with just

a short part of the movie, that the PAL DVD standard was 16 Gb and the MPG

HD720p25 only 3 Gb. How is that?

Anyway, glad to know that in fact the dvd discs are larger than labelled!

I don¹t burn the movie directly from Premiere to the dvd. I have to burn 8

dvd¹s and thought it would be easier to do that with a finished file, being

afraid that my frames move around in Premiere Elements 11, that I use. Don¹t

like it very much and ordered version 13 which will arrive next week.

As I am a self tought amateur, I don¹t have Premiere Pro.

Meanwhile I burnt a dvd with my latest file of 3,17 Gb. It seems however,

that at some points my soundtrack is no longer synch with the images as in

Premiere.

So, how would you advice me to export my movie for best results?

Regards,

LO

Op 30-08-15 05:05, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912128#7912128>

Adobe gebruiker Thanks for the update. We are glad that you have sorted

through the troubleshooting to gain success. Good job. But, I would caution

you about your choice of export....if you have a 16:9 project, you do not want

to be burning it to disc with Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with the preset =

PAL Dolby Digital or exporting it to file MPEG2.mpg PAL DVD Standard. Those

are 4:3 settings. For your 16:9 project, you want a 16:9 export, for example,

Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset = PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD or export

to file MPEG2.mpg PAL DVD Widescreen. And, a just in case mention, DVD disc

labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes is in reality 4.38 GB. And, the DVD disc labelled

8.5 GB/240 minutes is in reality 7.95 GB. Do you work in the burn dialog with

a check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space"? Please consider. Best

wishes ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912128#7912128 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912128#7912128 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 6. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                    Adobe gebruiker Level 1

PS

Sorry for bothering you again, but you seem to be quite an expert!

Am working again in Premiere for finetuning the synchronisation of my

soundtrack and I notice that indeed the soundtrack has moved a little bit.

However, now I can¹t move it at all! It¹s fixed on the same place. What am I

to do? How did that happen?

Hope you can help me out with this problem too!

Best,

LO

Thanks for your additional information!

As a matter of fact my setting is indeed 4:3, as I first made an animation

in Keynote (combination of pictures and HD movies), converted that to a

Quicktime movie with mov. extension and imported that in Première Elements

with preset PAL 4:3. Therefore, I was suprised when making a test with just

a short part of the movie, that the PAL DVD standard was 16 Gb and the MPG

HD720p25 only 3 Gb. How is that?

I don¹t burn the movie directly from Premiere to the dvd. I have to burn 8

dvd¹s and thought it would be easier to do that with a finished file, being

afraid that my frames move around in Premiere Elements 11, that I use. Don¹t

like it very much and ordered version 13 which will arrive next week.

As I am a self tought amateur, I don¹t have Premiere Pro.

Meanwhile I burnt a dvd with my latest file of 3,17 Gb. It seems however,

that at some points my soundtrack is no longer synch with the images as in

Premiere.

So, how would you advice me to export my movie for best results?

Regards,

LO

Op 30-08-15 05:05, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912128#7912128>

Adobe gebruiker Thanks for the update. We are glad that you have sorted

through the troubleshooting to gain success. Good job. But, I would caution

you about your choice of export....if you have a 16:9 project, you do not want

to be burning it to disc with Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with the preset =

PAL Dolby Digital or exporting it to file MPEG2.mpg PAL DVD Standard. Those

are 4:3 settings. For your 16:9 project, you want a 16:9 export, for example,

Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset = PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD or export

to file MPEG2.mpg PAL DVD Widescreen. And, a just in case mention, DVD disc

labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes is in reality 4.38 GB. And, the DVD disc labelled

8.5 GB/240 minutes is in reality 7.95 GB. Do you work in the burn dialog with

a check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space"? Please consider. Best

wishes ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912128#7912128 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912128#7912128 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 7. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

Thanks for the reply.

Something does not seem right with regard to your file size for PAL DVD Standard 16 GB and HD720p25 3 GB.

Let us go through the details...

1. Did the results come from the same project settings, the same source file, and the that file exported from that same project

a. first with Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = PAL DVD Standard or Widescreen

b. and then with Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HD720p25

When I took at an MP4.avi file (268.4 MB, 640 x 480)...I used NTSC settings

a. Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = NTSC DVD Standard or Widescreen gave MPEG2.mpg file with file size 438.13 MB

b. Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HD720p30 gave MPEG2.mpg file with file size 1085.73 MB.

You wrote

They are not. The disc capacity is less than what is on the label. Please re-read what I wrote again. This is a reason behind that.

how much can you actually fit on a "4.7" GB dvd-R?

I will post comments on the burn to disc in the morning morning. I am concerned with your starting file size and the Easy Cap USB being responsible for the Premiere Elements audio out of sync issue.

As for your purchase of Premiere Elements 13/13.1, the results from that would be expected to be the same as from 11. It will be interesting to learn of any differences that you see. Also, be advised that Adobe should be coming out with a new version in September October 2015. Typically if you purchase current version within a certain period of time  before the release of new version, then you get the complimentary 14 if you request it and Adobe finds you eligible for receiving it.

To be continued....

ATR

• 8. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

I was just about to call it a day when I think that I found a post of yours that I did not see before. It was related to audio out of sync.

That may be a consequence of your use of Easy Cap USB. Did you see my questions on that in an earlier post of mine?

Did you bring the Easy Cap USB derived files into the computer and then use Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders or something else?

We could separate the video from the audio (right click the file, select unlink audio and video)

Then, as you hold down the Alt key, tap the left or right arrow key once. One tap = 1 frame nudge.

If you hold down the Alt+Shift keys, tap the left or right arrow key once. One tap in this case = 5 frames nudge.

I am not sure if taking the file into the free HandBrake program to get the H.264.mp4 at a constant frame rate would be worthwhile here. You would then bring the exported H.264.mp4 into the project with Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders.

https://handbrake.fr/

This route is usually effective for audio out sync if the video was recorded with a variable instead of constant frame rate. But, I am not sure if that is the case here.

To be continued...

ATR

• 9. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                          Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for this useful link! I didn¹t know about timeline orphans.

Regards,

LO

Op 30-08-15 00:26, John T Smith <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

created by John T Smith <https://forums.adobe.com/people/JohnTSmith>  in

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7911812#7911812>

First, HD video will not create a DVD as is... a DVD is SD only, so your HD

file must be converted to SD to create a DVD >6 hours of film, of which 4.5

hours only black Timeline too long (orphans)

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/652216?tstart=30

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7911812#7911812 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7911812#7911812 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 10. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                            Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Hello,

My answers below in red.

Op 30-08-15 06:31, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912190#7912190>

Adobe gebruiker Thanks for the reply. Something does not seem right with

regard to your file size for PAL DVD Standard 16 GB and HD720p25 3 GB. Let us

go through the details...

1. Did the results come from the same project settings, the same source file,

and the that file exported from that same projecta. first with

Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = PAL DVD Standard or Widescreenb.

and then with Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HD720p25

Yes indeed.

When I took at an MP4.avi file (268.4 MB, 640 x 480)...I used NTSC settingsa.

Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = NTSC DVD Standard or Widescreen

gave MPEG2.mpg file with file size 438.13 MBb. Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG

with Presets = HD720p30 gave MPEG2.mpg file with file size 1085.73 MB. You

wrote

>> Anyway, glad to know that in fact the dvd discs are larger than labelled!

They are not. The disc capacity is less than what is on the label. Please

re-read what I wrote again. This is a reason behind that.how much can you

actually fit on a "4.7" GB dvd-R?

<http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/184812-how-much-can-you-actually-fit-on-a-

4-7-GB-dvd-R> 

After I burned the 4,18 file on a DVD-R and your info I understand:

DVD-R or DVD+R disk has a capacity of 4,7 Gb, viz. nett space resp. 4.489.250

or 4.482.625 bytes and my movie file is 4.183.263.232.

I will post comments on the burn to disc in the morning morning. I am

concerned with your starting file size and the Easy Cap USB being responsible

for the Premiere Elements audio out of sync issue.

I never use an Easy Cap USB.

As for your purchase of Premiere Elements 13/13.1, the results from that would

be expected to be the same as from 11. It will be interesting to learn of any

differences that you see. Also, be advised that Adobe should be coming out

with a new version in September October 2015. Typically if you purchase

current version within a certain period of time  before the release of new

version, then you get the complimentary 14 if you request it and Adobe finds

you eligible for receiving it.

Good to know, then I¹ll wait until the 14 is out. Can the 14 read my file made

in version 11?

Thanks a lot, your info is very helpful!

To be continued.... ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912190#7912190 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912190#7912190 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 11. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                              Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Hello again,

Below my response in red:

Op 30-08-15 06:42, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912174#7912174>

Adobe gebruiker I was just about to call it a day when I think that I found a

post of yours that I did not see before. It was related to audio out of sync.

That may be a consequence of your use of Easy Cap USB. Did you see my

questions on that in an earlier post of mine?Did you bring the Easy Cap USB

derived files into the computer and then use Premiere Elements Add Media/Files

and Folders or something else?

All my sources, photos, clips and sounds are on my hard disk, either the

MacMini (software programmes and iTunes library) or the external hd on which I

keep my photo and film files.

We could separate the video from the audio (right click the file, select

unlink audio and video)Then, as you hold down the Alt key, tap the left or

right arrow key once. One tap = 1 frame nudge.If you hold down the Alt+Shift

keys, tap the left or right arrow key once. One tap in this case = 5 frames

nudge. I am not sure if taking the file into the free HandBrake program to get

the H.264.mp4 at a constant frame rate would be worthwhile here. You would

then bring the exported H.264.mp4 into the project with Premiere Elements Add

Media/Files and Folders.https://handbrake.fr/This route is usually effective

for audio out sync if the video was recorded with a variable instead of

constant frame rate. But, I am not sure if that is the case here.

The soundtrack that was Œdead¹ was the one with my music clips. On the

timeline above I have my frames with connected live music or sound.

Meanwhile I managed to Œrevive¹ the soundtrack; probably I had grouped it with

the video and audio track.

I have to finetune the async parts now, a hell of a job with Premiere Elements

11, as all the clips keep moving once you try to work on them. That¹s how I

got the Timeline orphan. Hope version 14 will be better in this respect, and

that it is still on dvd, as I don¹t like cloud versions.

Thanks for your most appreciated support!

To be continued... ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912174#7912174 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7912174#7912174 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 12. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

Thank you for your replies. I did not see your answers in red. But, I did find your answers in regular print in post 11.

All my sources, photos, clips and sounds are on my hard disk, either the

MacMini (software programmes and iTunes library) or the external hd on which I

keep my photo and film files.

and

The soundtrack that was Œdead¹ was the one with my music clips. On the

timeline above I have my frames with connected live music or sound.

Meanwhile I managed to Œrevive¹ the soundtrack; probably I had grouped it with

the video and audio track.

I have to finetune the async parts now, a hell of a job with Premiere Elements

11, as all the clips keep moving once you try to work on them. That¹s how I

got the Timeline orphan.

Adding clips to an existing Timeline content or moving them around can cause disturbances to the existing Timeline content. One of the controls for that situation is the hold down the computer keyboard ALT key (Windows) as you add the clip or make the movements. Did you mention what your computer operating system is? If Mac, I am not sure of that hold down key --Option or something else.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                  Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Thanks, ATR.

I am a Mac user and this is the first time I make a movie with Premiere

Elements for dvd. I have gotten so far now that my movie is ready,

completely synchronised and I have also made a menu with stop markers.

I managed to burn a dvd directly from Premiere Elements and play it on my

computer and tv screen with a dvd player.

I found out by experience that if I export the movie from Premiere Elements

into a mpg file, it does not have the menu.

Now, my problem is that the menu templates of Premiere Elements are rather

poor in terms of layout: they lack help lines and the text boxes move around

just like the video and audio frames in the timeline do.

Another problem is that I can’t change the name of the dvd when I burn it,

very strange. It bears the date and time, although it looks like if one can

type a customised name in the text box.

That’s why I downloaded the trial version of Premiere Pro to see if I could

make a menu in the professional programme. First, I encountered the problem

that Premiere Elements does not open in Premiere Pro on a Mac. Yet, I was

able to import the movie mpg file into Premiere Pro. Then I found out that

it is not that easy to make a menu. It has to be done in Encore and

Photoshop.

So, I gave up and may have to try to make a menu in Premiere Elements 13.

Could you advise me in this respect?

Best,

LO

Op 01-09-15 16:43, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7919363#7919363>

Adobe gebruiker Thank you for your replies. I did not see your answers in red.

But, I did find your answers in regular print in post 11.

>> I never use an Easy Cap USB. All my sources, photos, clips and sounds are on

>> my hard disk, either the MacMini (software programmes and iTunes library) or

>> the external hd on which I keep my photo and film files.

and

>> The soundtrack that was &OEligdead¹ was the one with my music clips. On the

>> timeline above I have my frames with connected live music or sound. Meanwhile

>> I managed to &OEligrevive¹ the soundtrack; probably I had grouped it with the

>> video and audio track.  I have to finetune the async parts now, a hell of a

>> job with Premiere Elements 11, as all the clips keep moving once you try to

>> work on them. That¹s how I got the Timeline orphan.

Adding clips to an existing Timeline content or moving them around can cause

disturbances to the existing Timeline content. One of the controls for that

situation is the hold down the computer keyboard ALT key (Windows) as you add

the clip or make the movements. Did you mention what your computer operating

system is? If Mac, I am not sure of that hold down key --Option or something

else. Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits. Thank you.

ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7919363#7919363 and clicking ‘Correct’ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7919363#7919363 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 14. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

Thank you for the update with your Premiere Elements project.

1. Disc menus (Movie Menus) are available only for the disc products, not the export to file saved to the computer hard drive. The only except found in Premiere Elements 11 is Publish+Share/web DVD. That is essentially a flash file with the menus. Adobe removed that feature from Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

2. Regarding

Now, my problem is that the menu templates of Premiere Elements are rather

poor in terms of layout: they lack help lines and the text boxes move around

just like the video and audio frames in the timeline do.

Another problem is that I can’t change the name of the dvd when I burn it,

very strange. It bears the date and time, although it looks like if one can

type a customized name in the text box.

The basics of the Movie Menu

a. place Timeline markers - main menu, scene markers, or stop markers (but never place a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline...it is not needed there and causes burn to failures. When you place the Timeline markers, make sure that there is enough space between them, especially scene markers/main menu makers and stop markers.

b. when you get to Tools Menu/Movie Menu/, you will see the "Choose a menu theme" dialog....at its bottom is an option "Add menu marker automatically for me"...make sure that there is not check mark next to it.

c. preview the menu after you have customized it, but do not depend on it for quality...use it to make sure that the navigation buttons are working

When you are working in the Movie Menu, customization area make sure that you do not move the buttons too close to one another so that each button has a red frame around it...move the buttons further apart if that happens.

What specific Movie Menu are you using? What is your project preset? The menus come as 3 different sets of main and scene menus. If you have a HD project preset, the project preset directs the program to show you the HD set of menus. Does the menu that you select have a HD symbol at the top right of the thumbnail for the theme that you select?

Do you click Preview and then Done before you go to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset NTSC_Widescreen_DolbyDVD?

As for the text, are you doing this

Premiere-Elements-11.jpg

Also see

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Creating disc menus

Please review and consider, and then let me know if this is the information that you need. If not, please give more details.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Sounds like good progress. Great job.

• 15. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                      Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Am so glad with your help, thanks a lot!

1. Do you mean that in Premiere Elements 13 I can no longer burn a dvd with

menu straight from the programme??l

Then I am better of with version 11 and do not need to buy the 13? Could you

confirm that asap, as I have ordered the 13 just a few minutes ago and can

still cancel it. The main thing that I want to do is to give my dvd a proper

name.

2. I did all you said in the Movie Menu and my burnt dvd with menu works

perfectly well, only the layout of the menu looks bad and it does not bear

the name I want.

I tried 3 menu templates: General/Faux Wide Screen; Travel/Road Trip and Pan

and Zoom.

As I am in Europe I choose PAL instead of NTSC.

Yes, I know how to change the text, but the text boxes move around. That

would not be bad if there were help lines to put everything in order.

As a matter of fact my dvd is almost perfect, except 2 things: the layout of

the menu and that it is impossible to give it the title I want.

Will this be better in Elements 13? If not, I will cancel my order

immediately.

Thanks for your advice!

Best,

LO

Op 02-09-15 00:23, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7921220#7921220>

Adobe gebruiker Thank you for the update with your Premiere Elements project.

1. Disc menus (Movie Menus) are available only for the disc products, not the

export to file saved to the computer hard drive. The only except found in

Premiere Elements 11 is Publish+Share/web DVD. That is essentially a flash

file with the menus. Adobe removed that feature from Premiere Elements

13/13.1. 2. Regarding

>> Now, my problem is that the menu templates of Premiere Elements are rather

>> poor in terms of layout: they lack help lines and the text boxes move around

>> just like the video and audio frames in the timeline do. Another problem is

>> that I can¹t change the name of the dvd when I burn it, very strange. It

>> bears the date and time, although it looks like if one can type a customized

>> name in the text box.

The basics of the Movie Menua. place Timeline markers - main menu, scene

markers, or stop markers (but never place a stop marker at the end of the last

item on the Timeline...it is not needed there and causes burn to failures.

When you place the Timeline markers, make sure that there is enough space

between them, especially scene markers/main menu makers and stop markers.b.

when you get to Tools Menu/Movie Menu/, you will see the "Choose a menu theme"

dialog....at its bottom is an option "Add menu marker automatically for

me"...make sure that there is not check mark next to it.c. preview the menu

after you have customized it, but do not depend on it for quality...use it to

make sure that the navigation buttons are working When you are working in the

Movie Menu, customization area make sure that you do not move the buttons too

close to one another so that each button has a red frame around it...move the

buttons further apart if that happens. What specific Movie Menu are you using?

What is your project preset? The menus come as 3 different sets of main and

scene menus. If you have a HD project preset, the project preset directs the

program to show you the HD set of menus. Does the menu that you select have a

HD symbol at the top right of the thumbnail for the theme that you select? Do

you click Preview and then Done before you go to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc

with preset NTSC_Widescreen_DolbyDVD? As for the text, are you doing this

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7921220-811941/42

6-304/Premiere-Elements-11.jpg

<https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-7921220-811941/Premi

ere-Elements-11.jpg> Also seeAdobe Premiere Elements Help | Creating disc

menus

<https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/creating-disc-menus.html>

Please review and consider, and then let me know if this is the information

that you need. If not, please give more details. Thank you. ATR Add

On...Sounds like good progress. Great job.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7921220#7921220 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7921220#7921220 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 16. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

You wrote

1. Do you mean that in Premiere Elements 13 I can no longer burn a dvd with

menu straight from the programme??l

In Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 11, you still do the Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with burn to disc with movie menu with preset Widescreen Dolby DVD as before. No change there. You will also notice under Publish+Share there is a webDVD in 11 that is not there in 13. That is not really a DVD, rather it is a flash file which will allow you to apply to it one of the movie menus. The webDVD is typically played back using a computer web browser not a DVD player.

When you say "give your DVD a proper  name", if you mean the title that I pointed to in my screenshot, you can do the same thing in 11 as you can do in 13.

Also be careful with your timing related to purchasing another version of Premiere Elements. Version 13 is the latest version. But in a few weeks Adobe should be releasing a new version, assumed named 14. Usually Adobe will give you a complimentary new version if you purchased the previous current version within 30 days of the release of the new version. But, right now, for what you want to do, there is no advantage to rush from 11 to 13.

Are you having problems with creating a new title for the main menu? If so, please describe the problem more to tell us what is not happening when you double click the default title in the main menu in the Movie Menu customization area of the program.

Thanks.

ATR

• 17. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                          Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will probably never use webDVD, so that¹s no problem in version 13.

You told me before about the upcoming release of version 14. That¹s why I

had put my order for the 13 on hold, but just now re-ordered it again hoping

to be able to give my dvd a proper name instead of the automatically

generated date and time of burning. This happens when Premiere is about to

burn the inserted dvd.

Publish + Share > Disc > DVD > Burn to Disc > Disc Name (pre generated

20150902_011744 and impossible to change in the name one wants to give to

the dvd), Burner Location, preseet  PAL_Colby DVD ˆ Fit contents to

available space, Burn.

So, it¹s not about the title in the movie menu.

Shall I cancel the 13 and wait for the 14?

It¹s 1.22 midnight and I have to leave home tomorrow very early in the

morning, so I hope to hear from you about my purchase.

Thanks,

LO

Op 02-09-15 00:59, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7921353#7921353>

Adobe gebruiker You wrote

>> 1. Do you mean that in Premiere Elements 13 I can no longer burn a dvd with

>> menu straight from the programme??l

In Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 11, you still do the Publish+Share/Disc/DVD

disc with burn to disc with movie menu with preset Widescreen Dolby DVD as

before. No change there. You will also notice under Publish+Share there is a

webDVD in 11 that is not there in 13. That is not really a DVD, rather it is a

flash file which will allow you to apply to it one of the movie menus. The

webDVD is typically played back using a computer web browser not a DVD player.

When you say "give your DVD a proper  name", if you mean the title that I

pointed to in my screenshot, you can do the same thing in 11 as you can do in

13. Also be careful with your timing related to purchasing another version of

Premiere Elements. Version 13 is the latest version. But in a few weeks Adobe

should be releasing a new version, assumed named 14. Usually Adobe will give

you a complimentary new version if you purchased the previous current version

within 30 days of the release of the new version. But, right now, for what you

want to do, there is no advantage to rush from 11 to 13. Are you having

problems with creating a new title for the main menu? If so, please describe

the problem more to tell us what is not happening when you double click the

default title in the main menu in the Movie Menu customization area of the

program. Thanks. ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7921353#7921353 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7921353#7921353 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 18. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

Thanks for the important information on the target of the naming. I was pointing to the title of the main menu while your issue was the Disc Name field in the burn dialog. That is going to take more troubleshooting which may take time, maybe not. If the only problem is with that Disc Name field and your are getting an acceptable end product, I would go with what you have and not rush into new version right now. Give yourself time for tryouts. Keep in mind that the Adobe tryouts come with Adobe watermarks. Although you can remove that watermark from the project file after purchase, you cannot remove that watermark from export or burn to disc products from the tryout project.

Please consider...

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. I believe on Mac it is located

Users\Owner\Libraries\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0

I am not a Mac user so please double check that path.

2. Do a program uninstall reinstall with a run through of the free ccleaner Mac between the uninstall and reinstall.

Piriform - CCleaner Mac

3. We could go after the burn to folder followed by use of a Mac disc utility to get the VIDEO_TS Folder from the saved folder onto your DVD disc. But, let us save that for later.

ATR

• 19. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                              Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Thanks. In haste from my mobile: I already burnt a file on my computer from publish + share/dvd, am I supposed to burn that file on a dvd? Have a deadline to deliver 6 dvd's with diskprint on 9 sept, therefore need them properly named. So, elements 13 does not guarantee that? So long, LO

-origineel bericht-

Onderwerp:  problemen met export naar mpg

Van: "A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Datum: 02-09-2015 02:22

A.T. Romano  created the discussion

"problemen met export naar mpg"

To view the discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7921540#7921540

• 20. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

The major goal should be using Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc to create your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc end products.  From what you have written, you can do that successfully, but cannot change the Disc Name in the burn dialog prior to the burn to disc. And, this Disc Name is essential to the product that you wish to produce. Is that the present situation?

I find no particular history on this type of burn to disc issue. The most likely troubleshooting to pursue would be

a. uninstall, ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Piriform - CCleaner Mac (if this is going to work, all you need is the free cleaner)

b. deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (probable location Users\Owner\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\version number)

If the problem exists in spite of the above, there is the possibility of renaming the disc after the burn. But, I am not seeing any promise in that route. The name used for the replacement is extremely limited. And, my attempts to do that have failed with messages that I lack Administrative Privileges to perform the task. I have the Administrative Privileges. So, right now that is a puzzlement.

Even though you cannot control the disc name in the burn dialog when you are doing burn to disc, can you control the folder name in the burn dialog if you decide to go with burn to folder?

If you go the burn to folder route to assure a choice of disc name, have you decided on the burn software for the job.

In Windows, the job would be done easily with the free ImgBurn where the VIDEO _TS Folder is taken to DVD disc to produce the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. I am not sure of the Mac counterpart. The Utility Disk of Mac has many features. Have you explored that for putting the VIDEO_TS Folder on DVD disc? Or do you need an .iso image for that? Lots of free choices for Windows, but seems like lots of questionable choices for Mac counterpart...although Toast seems to be popping up in this type of discussion.

If you have until September 9th to work out the Premiere Elements disc name problem, I would focus on that for the next 24 hours.

If you have not done the uninstall/reinstall as I have described, consider.

ATR

• 21. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                  Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Yes, you described the present situation correctly.

Thanks for your advice, but I don¹t dare to perform the uninstall, clean and

reinstall procedure you suggest, as I am not familiar with these things and

besides have had big troubles with my Mac backup system TimeMachine while

working on Premiere Elements. Got nearly traumatised by it and no longer run

any back ups while working on the movie. On the internet I read that one

should not run any antivirus or other interfering programmes during Premiere

Elements. Furthermore, I have also discovered that Adobe Premiere Elements

is better suited for PC application than for the Mac. (E.g. in the Mac it is

not possible to open an Elements file in the Pro programme, but in a PC it

is.) I have already tried to rename the burnt dvd but it failed.

I burnt the exported movie file on a disc, but that doesn¹t make any sense.

I have put my order of version 13 again on hold until tomorrow, as I

understand from you that it it no use trying it. On the internet I read that

the release of the 14 is only expected in October and not in September, so I

won¹t be entitled to get a free upgrade when I buy the 13 now. I am still

curious in buying the 13 as it will mean a ³clean install², what do you

think? The big question is if my movie file of the 11 will open in the 13??

If not it is a waste of money and it won¹t open in the 14 either, isn¹t it?

It¹s all so frustrating in this very last stage of a long process of putting

the movie together.

So, you have never heard of this problem/bug before in Elements 11?

Thanks for your concern!

LO

Op 02-09-15 23:51, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7924839#7924839>

Adobe gebruiker The major goal should be using Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc to

create your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc end products.  From what you have written,

you can do that successfully, but cannot change the Disc Name in the burn

dialog prior to the burn to disc. And, this Disc Name is essential to the

product that you wish to produce. Is that the present situation? I find no

particular history on this type of burn to disc issue. The most likely

troubleshooting to pursue would bea. uninstall, ccleaner run through (regular

and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewalls

disabled.Piriform - CCleaner Mac <http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner-mac>  (if

this is going to work, all you need is the free cleaner)b. deletion of the

Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (probable location Users\Owner\Application

Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\version number) If the problem exists in spite

of the above, there is the possibility of renaming the disc after the burn.

But, I am not seeing any promise in that route. The name used for the

replacement is extremely limited. And, my attempts to do that have failed with

messages that I lack Administrative Privileges to perform the task. I have the

Administrative Privileges. So, right now that is a puzzlement. Even though you

cannot control the disc name in the burn dialog when you are doing burn to

disc, can you control the folder name in the burn dialog if you decide to go

with burn to folder? If you go the burn to folder route to assure a choice of

disc name, have you decided on the burn software for the job.In Windows, the

job would be done easily with the free ImgBurn where the VIDEO _TS Folder is

taken to DVD disc to produce the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. I am not sure of the

Mac counterpart. The Utility Disk of Mac has many features. Have you explored

that for putting the VIDEO_TS Folder on DVD disc? Or do you need an .iso image

for that? Lots of free choices for Windows, but seems like lots of

questionable choices for Mac counterpart...although Toast seems to be popping

up in this type of discussion. If you have until September 9th to work out the

Premiere Elements disc name problem, I would focus on that for the next 24

hours.If you have not done the uninstall/reinstall as I have described,

consider. ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7924839#7924839 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7924839#7924839 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 22. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

I understand your comments on your experiences. But, I would make these comments.

1. You should be able to open Premiere Elements 11 Mac project files in Premiere Elements 12 and 13 Mac, but there are no guarantees. So, before trying that, make sure to make a copy of the Premiere Elements 11 project file as a back up. You definitely cannot open a Premiere Elements 12 or 13 project file in Premiere Elements 11. And, definitely you cannot use Premiere Elements Windows project files in a Premiere Elements Mac project and the other way around.

2. Typically, the advice about disabling antivirus and firewalls is for when you are downloading and installing the program and not when you are actually working on a Premiere Elements project.

3. I think that the uninstall/free ccleaner/reinstall is the most likely way to get back function in the Disc Name field of the burn dialog. It is curious that the Disc Name field is the only thing in the burn dialog that is affected. If you are concerned about the uninstall/free ccleaner/reinstall, have you tried to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file instead? I think that is Users\Owner\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0. It is still bothering me that I cannot change the Disc Name in the drive area after the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc is generated. But the limited name allowed that way makes it not worthwhile.

4. There is often a lot written about importing Premiere Elements projects into Premiere Pro and Premiere Pro projects into Premiere Elements - Windows Mac. But, even though certain situation are said to work they do not always.

5. Have you considered downloading and installing Premiere Elements 13 Mac 30 day tryout from Adobe and determining if you can control the Disc Name field of the burn dialog. That will give you some confidence when it comes to deciding what next. You do not have to uninstall Premiere Elements 11 Mac to do this. Just use one program at a time. The tryout will have the Adobe watermark. That can be removed from the tryout project file when and if you purchase the product. The Adobe watermark cannot be removed from exports from the tryout even after purchase of the product. More on that later if needed.

6. I do not recall Premiere Elements with just a Disc Name issue in the burn dialog.

Consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 23. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                      Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Hello,

My response by your points.

1. Yes, I always make backups with my TimeCapsule (but not while working on

Premiere Elements, as it proved to corrupt the programme. Believe me, it

took the Apple Customer Service about 6 hours to find out with screenshare!)

2. See above.

3. I could not find the Prefs file.

5. No tryout of Elements 13 as it is a box version.

Op 03-09-15 03:35, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7925306#7925306>

Adobe gebruiker I understand your comments on your experiences. But, I would

make these comments. 1. You should be able to open Premiere Elements 11 Mac

project files in Premiere Elements 12 and 13 Mac, but there are no guarantees.

So, before trying that, make sure to make a copy of the Premiere Elements 11

project file as a back up. You definitely cannot open a Premiere Elements 12

or 13 project file in Premiere Elements 11. And, definitely you cannot use

Premiere Elements Windows project files in a Premiere Elements Mac project and

the other way around. 2. Typically, the advice about disabling antivirus and

firewalls is for when you are downloading and installing the program and not

when you are actually working on a Premiere Elements project. 3. I think that

the uninstall/free ccleaner/reinstall is the most likely way to get back

function in the Disc Name field of the burn dialog. It is curious that the

Disc Name field is the only thing in the burn dialog that is affected. If you

are concerned about the uninstall/free ccleaner/reinstall, have you tried to

delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file instead? I think that is

Users\Owner\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0. It is still

bothering me that I cannot change the Disc Name in the drive area after the

DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc is generated. But the limited name allowed that way

makes it not worthwhile. 4. There is often a lot written about importing

Premiere Elements projects into Premiere Pro and Premiere Pro projects into

Premiere Elements - Windows Mac. But, even though certain situation are said

to work they do not always. 5. Have you considered downloading and installing

Premiere Elements 13 Mac 30 day tryout from Adobe and determining if you can

control the Disc Name field of the burn dialog. That will give you some

confidence when it comes to deciding what next. You do not have to uninstall

Premiere Elements 11 Mac to do this. Just use one program at a time. The

tryout will have the Adobe watermark. That can be removed from the tryout

project file when and if you purchase the product. The Adobe watermark cannot

be removed from exports from the tryout even after purchase of the product.

More on that later if needed. 6. I do not recall Premiere Elements with just a

Disc Name issue in the burn dialog. Consider. Thanks. ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7925306#7925306 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7925306#7925306 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 24. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                        Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Sorry, it went out before I was finished.

• 25. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

Thanks for the reply.

The box packaging of the program is a good choice (although no tryout for that). Adobe sells only the download. If you buy download, you get installation files for the computer operating system to which they are downloaded. With the box packaging you get installation disc for Windows and installation disc for Mac.

When you buy the box packaging, that means you purchased from a reseller and any return/refund is governed by the policy of the reseller.

With those purchased Adobe downloads, you can request a return/refund from Adobe within 30 days of purchase.

The pros and the cons of it.

ATR

• 26. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                            Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Thanks! As a matter of fact I just managed to download a trial version of

Premiere Elements 13!!!

However, opening my 11 file failed, will continue to try and keep you

informed.

More later.

Op 03-09-15 04:13, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7925526#7925526>

Adobe gebruiker Thanks for the reply. The box packaging of the program is a

good choice (although no tryout for that). Adobe sells only the download. If

you buy download, you get installation files for the computer operating system

to which they are downloaded. With the box packaging you get installation disc

for Windows and installation disc for Mac. When you buy the box packaging,

that means you purchased from a reseller and any return/refund is governed by

the policy of the reseller.With those purchased Adobe downloads, you can

request a return/refund from Adobe within 30 days of purchase. The pros and

the cons of it. ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7925526#7925526 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7925526#7925526 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 27. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                              Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Alas, it fails over and over again. I can open the 11 file, but only in the

quick mode of the 13 and nothing can be activated: I can¹t play the movie

nor the music, cannot open the tool box for the menu, cannot open Publish +

Share, the interface is just dead.

So, does this mean the file of 11 is not compatible with 13? Therefore, no

use in buying version 13 nor 14??

When I open a new 13 file and import my ready made 11 mpg file, all is dead

and nothing can be moved or seen.

What is the use of a trial in this way? Would it be different in a licensed

version??

Then I noticed that all the icons of the 11 files changed into the icon of

the 13, even in my backups, so got frightened.

Reopened the files in version 11, luckily that worked and guess, o wonder,

suddenly I could rename my disc!! It¹s burning now.

How do you explain this miracle?

• 28. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

It is almost 2 am where I am, and I am so glad that I got to your last post before "calling it a day".

What did you reopen in 11 - the original that never got into 13 or the copy of the original that got opened in 13.

I am not sure whether to look at this as something changing in the file or 13 installation activating some Adobe process.

Whatever the case, we are thankful that you can customize the Disc Name in your 11 project's burn to. Great job of staying with the troubleshooting to gain this success in spite of the fact that it really goes undefined.

The tryout is full version. In the morning morning we can go through the usual troubleshooting drill for 13 if you want to pursue that.

In spite of the Disc Name success in 11, is the performance of 13 still poor. And, is the performance of 11 good to great at this point?

In summary, wonderful news, bravo.

ATR

• 29. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                  Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Thank you so much for your concern and compassion!

I opened the original 11 that was opened in 13 in vain, which may have

activitated the customizing of the disc name.

Anyway, I¹ve been burning a couple of discs with their proper name after

checking and approving of the disk preview in the movie menu, BUT when I

played the burnt discs on my computer and on my tv screen/dvd player, some

of the menu buttons did not work!!!!!

So, now I¹ve been busy for hours to try and get a perfectly running dvd

before I burn the 8 discs with diskprint.

Elements is driving me crazy!

What do you think is now the problem?

To examine the poor performance of the 13 is due when I have finished my job

of the 8 dvd¹s.

This may be after I¹ll be back from my stay abroad next week.

To be continued.

LO

Op 03-09-15 08:00, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7925944#7925944>

Adobe gebruiker It is almost 2 am where I am, and I am so glad that I got to

your last post before "calling it a day". What did you reopen in 11 - the

original that never got into 13 or the copy of the original that got opened in

13.I am not sure whether to look at this as something changing in the file or

13 installation activating some Adobe process.Whatever the case, we are

thankful that you can customize the Disc Name in your 11 project's burn to.

Great job of staying with the troubleshooting to gain this success in spite of

the fact that it really goes undefined. The tryout is full version. In the

morning morning we can go through the usual troubleshooting drill for 13 if

you want to pursue that. In spite of the Disc Name success in 11, is the

performance of 13 still poor. And, is the performance of 11 good to great at

this point? In summary, wonderful news, bravo. ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7925944#7925944 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7925944#7925944 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 30. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

Have you used this particular disc menu theme before so that you know it has worked before for you?

Some of the menus do have button navigation problems. Did the Movie Menu Preview show any signs of this problem before the burn?

Please let me know which specific Movie Menu menu theme that you used, and I will check it out. (Also, mention if the menu's thumbnail that you selected had a HD at its upper right corner.)

While you are looking at the Movie Menu problem, please consider the spacing of the Timeline menu markers and position of buttons in the main menu and scene menu (no red frames around the buttons because the buttons are too close?)

You are close to full success.

ATR

• 31. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                      Adobe gebruiker Level 1

I can¹t thank you enough for your support!

No, the movie menu preview never showed any signs of the problem before the

burn.

I am using 2 menu templates to see which works best:

General > Faux Wide Screen

Slideshows > Pan and Zoom

Neither of these have a blue ribbon at the upper right corner.

Yes, I checked the distance between the start and end markers and at all

stages the distance is about the same. I don¹t know what you mean by red

frames. I don¹t see them.

My movie has 7 parts and the last two buttons don¹t function.

Which menu template do you recommend me to choose?

Faux Widescreen is simpler but not as attractive as Pan and Zoom. However, I

would immediately take the one that functions!

Are these navigation bugs also in the 13 and 14 versions?

Ah, if only you could help me out with this last problem today!

Looking forward to your solution,

Best,

LO

Op 03-09-15 16:23, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927232#7927232>

Adobe gebruiker Have you used this particular disc menu theme before so that

you know it has worked before for you?Some of the menus do have button

navigation problems. Did the Movie Menu Preview show any signs of this problem

before the burn? Please let me know which specific Movie Menu menu theme that

you used, and I will check it out. (Also, mention if the menu's thumbnail that

you selected had a HD at its upper right corner.) While you are looking at the

Movie Menu problem, please consider the spacing of the Timeline menu markers

and position of buttons in the main menu and scene menu (no red frames around

the buttons because the buttons are too close?) You are close to full success.

ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927232#7927232 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927232#7927232 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 32. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                        Adobe gebruiker Level 1

PS

I only use 7 MENU Markers (start and end), no scene markers.

Op 03-09-15 16:23, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927232#7927232>

Adobe gebruiker Have you used this particular disc menu theme before so that

you know it has worked before for you?Some of the menus do have button

navigation problems. Did the Movie Menu Preview show any signs of this problem

before the burn? Please let me know which specific Movie Menu menu theme that

you used, and I will check it out. (Also, mention if the menu's thumbnail that

you selected had a HD at its upper right corner.) While you are looking at the

Movie Menu problem, please consider the spacing of the Timeline menu markers

and position of buttons in the main menu and scene menu (no red frames around

the buttons because the buttons are too close?) You are close to full success.

ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927232#7927232 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927232#7927232 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 33. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

I would go with the Slideshows/Pan and Zoom.

What are you placing for Timeline markers

Scene markers - green

Main menu markers - blue

Stop marks - red

Are using 7 main menu markers (red)? With those markers, these will give you buttons on the main menu page(s).

I would go with the Pan and Zoom and use scene markers, like so that you have a Scene Selection page with thumbnails for each of the scenes/movies.

Markers.JPG

Are the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar spanning the entire Timeline content? If you press the End key of the computer keyboard, does the Timeline Indicator stop at the end of the last file on the Timeline?

ATR

• 34. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                            Adobe gebruiker Level 1

OK, the Pan and Zoom is indeed prettier. However, right now I am burning the

Faux widescreen again to check the buttons anew.

I don¹t use scenemarkers, too complicated for me!

Blue main menu markers, red stop marks.

Do you mean that I should use Scene markers instead of Menu markers? I don¹t

want them both.

It¹s a travel movie, and the 7 parts are the 7 places we visited. The movie

is about 80 minutes, so rather long to watch without interruption.

Can you start the movie at a certain point with scene markers just like you

can with the menu markers??

As the programme is running at the moment I cannot check the timeline

indicator right now.

Yes, I think the grey tabs of the work area bar span the entire timeline

content and just a few seconds more.

More later.

Regards,

LO

Op 03-09-15 17:45, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927496#7927496>

Adobe gebruiker I would go with the Slideshows/Pan and Zoom. What are you

placing for Timeline markersScene markers - greenMain menu markers - blueStop

marks - red Are using 7 main menu markers (red)? With those markers, these

will give you buttons on the main menu page(s). I would go with the Pan and

Zoom and use scene markers, like so that you have a Scene Selection page with

thumbnails for each of the scenes/movies.

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7927496-812703/42

7-491/Markers.JPG

<https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-7927496-812703/Marke

rs.JPG> Are the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar spanning the entire Timeline

content? If you press the End key of the computer keyboard, does the Timeline

Indicator stop at the end of the last file on the Timeline? ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927496#7927496 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927496#7927496 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 35. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

If you are using the Faux Widescreen menu and no scene markers placed on the project's Timeline, then all you have is main menu page with place for only 3 main menu buttons and Play All. When the number of Timeline main menu markers exceeds 3, then copies of the first main menu page result to accept the overflow. Bottom line: with your 7 main menu markers, you should have 3 main menu pages each including the Play All and all with the same 1, 2, 3 numbering for the buttons until you edit the text involved so that you get

button 1, 2, 3 on the first page, button 4, 5, 6 on the second page, and button 7 on the third page.

Now if you put stop markers into the situation...you place at stop marker at the end of each of movie 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 but not 7. Stop marker at the end of the last Timeline item is not needed and causes burn to disc errors. Here you need to make sure that you leave a few frames between points of main menu marker and stop marker. The Play All button on these menus is meaningless in the stop marker situation.

That should be your situation with Faux Widescreen.

Now for Slideshows/Pan and Zoom -

This theme has a place for only one main menu button. So, with your 7 Timeline main menu markers, you are going to have 7 main menu pages, each with 1 of the movies. For this theme, I am suggesting 7 Timeline scene markers, so that you end up with

one main menu page with the Play Movie and Scene button, with that Scene Button taking you to the Scene Selection page. In the end there will be the one main menu page and 2 Scene Selection pages. Same comments about stop markers in this scenario.

Please consider. Then if problems still exist, please detail how those last two Timeline markers are not working.

Thanks.

ATR

• 36. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                                Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Thanks for your useful instructions!

Faux Widescreen.

The situation is as you describe and I do not use an end marker at the end

of the movie.

In the dvd that I was burning during our previous exchange the last two

buttons failed again, so I drop this menu theme.

I am following your suggestions.

I have just remade the Pan and Zoom menu with scene markers only; much

better than menumarkers! Didn¹t know that. The dvd is burning right on and I

will tell you if and how it works.

What would I do without your help?! Thanks again!

Get back to you when the dvd is ready.

LO

Op 03-09-15 19:04, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927794#7927794>

Adobe gebruiker If you are using the Faux Widescreen menu and no scene markers

placed on the project's Timeline, then all you have is main menu page with

place for only 3 main menu buttons and Play All. When the number of Timeline

main menu markers exceeds 3, then copies of the first main menu page result to

accept the overflow. Bottom line: with your 7 main menu markers, you should

have 3 main menu pages each including the Play All and all with the same 1, 2,

3 numbering for the buttons until you edit the text involved so that you

getbutton 1, 2, 3 on the first page, button 4, 5, 6 on the second page, and

button 7 on the third page. Now if you put stop markers into the

situation...you place at stop marker at the end of each of movie 1, 2, 3, 4,

5, 6 but not 7. Stop marker at the end of the last Timeline item is not needed

and causes burn to disc errors. Here you need to make sure that you leave a

few frames between points of main menu marker and stop marker. The Play All

button on these menus is meaningless in the stop marker situation. That should

be your situation with Faux Widescreen. Now for Slideshows/Pan and Zoom - This

theme has a place for only one main menu button. So, with your 7 Timeline main

menu markers, you are going to have 7 main menu pages, each with 1 of the

movies. For this theme, I am suggesting 7 Timeline scene markers, so that you

end up withone main menu page with the Play Movie and Scene button, with that

Scene Button taking you to the Scene Selection page. In the end there will be

the one main menu page and 2 Scene Selection pages. Same comments about stop

markers in this scenario. Please consider. Then if problems still exist,

please detail how those last two Timeline markers are not working. Thanks. ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927794#7927794 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7927794#7927794 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

• 37. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                                  Adobe gebruiker Level 1

Hello,

This is the result, frustrating!

The menu is much nicer with scene markers than menumarkers, thanks for the

advice.

Menu page 1: Button Play all does not play the full movie, but until the end

marker of City/Part 1, so is basically equal to what you see when you push

the Play all button.

Menu page 2: Scene Selections: Part/City 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 buttons are OK.

(Button 1 shows the same clip as the button Play all, but here it is

correct) Button 6 does not work.

Menu page 3: Button 7 does not work. And worse even: the arrow on menu page

2 does not work either, so we get stuck on that scene selection page and

never get tot the last menu page with the last button.

Conclusion: the same last two buttons don¹t work.

What the hell am I doing wrong??

It¹s a pity that we can¹t send attachments in our correspondence.

Hope you can and will help me further.

Thanks, LO

• 38. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Adobe gebruiker

Let us focus in on this step by step try to target the step that is generating the buttons 6 and 7 problem. Look especially at the placement of the scene marker and the stop marker in at the end movies 6 and 7.....

Premiere Elements 11.JPG

1. Place the Timeline Indicator at the start of the Timeline. Apply a scene marker there (that is for movie 1)

2. Hit the Page Down key (that gets you to the first frame of movie 2) and do 1 tap of the left arrow key to get to the last frame of

movie 1. Apply a stop marker there. Tap the right arrow 3 times to create a 3 frames gap between the stop marker that you just placed and the scene marker that you are about to place. Apply a scene marker where you are now (that is for movie 2).

3. Hit the Page Down key (that get you to the first frame of movie 3) and do 1 tap of the left arrow key to get to the last frame of movie 2. Apply a stop marker there. Tap the right arrow 3 times to create a 3 frames gap between the stop marker that you just placed and the scene marker that you are about to place. Apply a scene marker where you are now (that is for movie 3).

4. And, so on. Make sure you follow this routine throughout...but remember, when you get to movie 7, no stop marker at its last frame.

Please look at the enlarged view of the screenshot to determine if your Timeline markers are position as shown. In the screenshot my movie 6 representation is highlighted.

Also, when you are in Tools Menu/Movie Menu and its display of themes section, look to the bottom of that view, and remove any check mark next to the option "Add menumarkers automatically for me" before you hit continue.

As usual, double check all the buttons in Movie Menu Preview.

Are you getting any red frames as shown in the following screenshot. Purposely moved scene/movie 6's thumbnail too close to 5 to demonstrate what I meant by red frames.

Overlap.JPG

Let us see if we can target what is happening there with movies 6 and 7.

ATR

• 39. Re: problemen met export naar mpg
                                                                                      Adobe gebruiker Level 1

OK, thanks for the instructions that I all followed from scratch, step by

step.

Before burning a dvd with the same mistakes a few notes about my movie

tracks.

As I explained before, the movie is a composition of a 3-part quicktime mov.

file converted from a Keynote (Mac¹s Powerpoint) animation including slides

and film.

Each part of the quicktime mov. file has been finetuned manually and thus is

a composite of many smaller clips with our without its own live audiotrack.

Under the video and audio tracks I added a soundtrack for musical clips.

Although the whole timeline workspace has been rendered many, many times,

over and over again after each amendment and repair, the colour is not green

only, but has several parts in orange. And every time when I push on the

button render, the indicator goes to the same place in the middle which is

plain green without any orange parts. I have always found this strange.

Scene mark 1 = the beginning of the whole movie, but also the beginning of

part 1. Part 1 though has an end mark, which is probably also read by the

button Play all.

What to do to avoid this?

Thanks for your advice.

LO

Op 03-09-15 22:21, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schreef:

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7928572#7928572>

Adobe gebruiker Let us focus in on this step by step try to target the step

that is generating the buttons 6 and 7 problem. Look especially at the

placement of the scene marker and the stop marker in at the end movies 6 and

7.....

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7928572-812817/50

7-303/PremiereElements11.JPG

<https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-7928572-812817/Premi

ereElements11.JPG> 1. Place the Timeline Indicator at the start of the

Timeline. Apply a scene marker there (that is for movie 1)2. Hit the Page Down

key (that gets you to the first frame of movie 2) and do 1 tap of the left

arrow key to get to the last frame of movie 1. Apply a stop marker there. Tap

the right arrow 3 times to create a 3 frames gap between the stop marker that

you just placed and the scene marker that you are about to place. Apply a

scene marker where you are now (that is for movie 2). 3. Hit the Page Down key

(that get you to the first frame of movie 3) and do 1 tap of the left arrow

key to get to the last frame of movie 2. Apply a stop marker there. Tap the

right arrow 3 times to create a 3 frames gap between the stop marker that you

just placed and the scene marker that you are about to place. Apply a scene

marker where you are now (that is for movie 3). 4. And, so on. Make sure you

follow this routine throughout...but remember, when you get to movie 7, no

stop marker at its last frame.Please look at the enlarged view of the

screenshot to determine if your Timeline markers are position as shown. In the

screenshot my movie 6 representation is highlighted. Also, when you are in

Tools Menu/Movie Menu and its display of themes section, look to the bottom of

that view, and remove any check mark next to the option "Add menumarkers

automatically for me" before you hit continue. As usual, double check all the

buttons in Movie Menu Preview. Are you getting any red frames as shown in the

following screenshot. Purposely moved scene/movie 6's thumbnail too close to 5

to demonstrate what I meant by red frames.

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7928572-812834/48

4-386/Overlap.JPG

<https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-7928572-812834/Overl

ap.JPG>  Let us see if we can target what is happening there with movies 6 and

7. ATR

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7928572#7928572 and clicking ŒCorrect¹ below

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7928572#7928572 To unsubscribe from this

email

>

1 2 Previous Next