• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 - creative cloud set-up has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two Win10 machines, when I tried installing creative cloud desktop on one of them, it fails... At the same time it works fine on the other.

I downloaded the CreativeCloudSet-Up, start it, it starts downloading files and when the progress bar reaches 50%, it stops working:

creativec.png

is there a log I can browse to ind out what's wrong? Is it a common issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

I got some time to follow up on my case with support.

Steps taken to get rid of the issue:

1. I was asked to download and install ApplicationManager application, instead of Creative Cloud. (http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe) this didnt work though.

2. Total cleanup of Adobe folders and apps (I removed Adobe Reader earlier, and I didnt have anything else Adobe* so in my case it was easy, not sure how it will impact other Adobe apps if you have an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marek,

This link might help: Windows 10 and Adobe Creative Cloud

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link does not answer the question...

Really - all I need is to know where is that app gathering logs and how can I access them - I will look myself... plz do not link articles that have common keywords but do not talk about the problem reported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link below lists all the locations of the fog files.

Creative Cloud Help / Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks....

I believe CC in Win10 stores data somewhere else - I used procmon to trace what is going on - it looks that package is downloaded completely (I am trying Photoshop and Lightroom as example), then it crashes...

Procmon is showing a long list of BUFFER OVERFLOWs right after download finishes... I dont quite understand what is happening under the hood, but logs say download complete, so either the download is corrupt (my network) or OS is causing this. To do more tests - I wiped all Adobe products from my PC, also cleaned temp files... not sure what else I could do here...

Who can support me here? I am paying for this product monthly... doesn't make much sense if I cant use it anymore  

Is there any other way to download photoshop/lightroom other than using CC ?

bo.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got some time to follow up on my case with support.

Steps taken to get rid of the issue:

1. I was asked to download and install ApplicationManager application, instead of Creative Cloud. (http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe) this didnt work though.

2. Total cleanup of Adobe folders and apps (I removed Adobe Reader earlier, and I didnt have anything else Adobe* so in my case it was easy, not sure how it will impact other Adobe apps if you have any)

a. %programdata%\adobe

b. program files x86 \ common files \ adobe

c. program files \ common files \ adobe

3. we used some magic cleanup tool AdibeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe (http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe)

4. installed Application Manager (installation finishes with no confirmation of any kind), then just run Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app... it worked, I loged on and got my apps downloaded after that...

These cleanup steps took around 10 minutes to complete.

At any point I didnt have to reboot my machine...

thank you technical support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines