2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2006 1:16 PM by clbeech

Flash cache crash - bringing in streaming live broadcast mp3

clbeech Level 3
      Hello All,

Anyone know how to stream in a 'live' broadcast, ie. radio station feed, properly without using the Media components? It's not that they don't work well, I would just like to have more flexibility in designing my interface controls, and the current Media components don't support skining. Just wondering if a solid stream can be constructed, without overloading the processor cache, using NetConnection/NetStream/SoundObject constructors? It seems as though, most documentation is concerned with bringing in only short clips/songs streamed one at a time?

Thanks folks!
        • 1. Re: Flash cache crash - bringing in streaming live broadcast mp3
          MotionMaker Level 1
          If you want to use Flash, then you need to explore Flash Media Server. You can broadcast live voice and video. Your issue is the bandwidth at the server hosting the application. One video/audio stream say 400kps out will translate to that in at the FMS server times the number of viewers.

• 2. Re: Flash cache crash - bringing in streaming live broadcast mp3
            clbeech Level 3
            MotionMaker, that's what I thought at first, but after review, FMS seemss to be sever-side tech., I'm looking for client-side script(s), I don't need broadcasting ability, just to recieve without crashing. The Media Components do this well, however 'styling' is the issue. And yes, it can be done by changing out the component clips, but it seems a little risky too me, don't wanna mess up the .as file clip calls, although i think I could get it done. All of that being said I'm just wondering what the best method is for 'receiving' a continuos stream. thanks though, do you think that there may be a different stream at the hosting server that I should link to? (lower bandwidth?) I think I may just need a loo to empty the cache or something.