You can use a JSON file for bringing data into edge and yes you can use
input field - however to send data back to JSon you will need php.
How do I input fields for text?
Here is an example:
Create a text on the stage. give it a name - in this example I call it input1 but any id is fine.
I use several specific formats for this text field but you can change all of them.
sym.$('input1').html("<input class= 'numbers' type='text' id='input1' placeholder=''" + " maxlength='3' dir='ltr' tabindex='1' " + " style='background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0.00); border:1px solid #124a7b; width:50px; height:20px; font-size:18px; padding-right:5px; text-align:right; color:#004177'>")
- class - I added a class name here because I need to use it later in my code
- type: 'text' // general use
- id = "input1" this will be useful to check the value of this field
- placeholder self explanatory
- maxlength this is the maximum number of characters to allow the user
- dir ltr is for normal language - change if your language is in the other direction
- tabindex allows tabbing through input fields
- style add css styles here