6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 7:19 AM by Tanuj Sandal

Lightroom 5.7 doesn't import videos anymore

TreeCorner

Since yesterday, my Lightroom 5.7 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 doesn't import videos from my Sony A7. I haven't installed any updates, I haven't changed settings on my Sony A7. It just started to bring error every time I try import video to the catalog. I even created a new catalog, but this didn't give any result.

The error message that Lightroom shows is the following: "An unknown error has occurred while reading the video file. Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed."

Снимок экрана 2015-08-30 в 19.49.09.png

I have no idea what is the reason of this error. I have found that some people observe this problem too however there is still no evident solution.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5.7 doesn't import videos anymore
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi TreeCorner,

I would request you to please uninstall and reinstall Quick Time Player.

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Tanuj Sandal

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5.7 doesn't import videos anymore
            nacaronc42563372

I have the same problem but I am using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

First I was having issues just to import, the lightroom freeze if I tried to import more than 10 or 15 images at a time. 

I solve that issue by downloading the "dvamarshal.dll" file and coping it on the folder of Lightroom,

I manages to import and create a new cataloge with 119629 photos but then it didnt import any video, no matter if its a mgpe, mov, mp4.  It just says is doesnt support video, enable video mode.  ""Video support is disable"

I didnt have Quick time install, so I did install and uninstall it. no change, still dont recognize any video files,

Any solution available?

• 3. Re: Lightroom 5.7 doesn't import videos anymore

Hi nacaronc,

Could you please let me know the exact version of Lightroom installed on your computer?

Make sure to update Lightroom to the latest version CC 2015.6.1/6.6.1.

Regards

Tanuj

• 4. Re: Lightroom 5.7 doesn't import videos anymore
                nacaronc42563372 Level 1

Hi Tanuj,

I am using Versión de Lightroom: 5.7.1

Sistema operativo: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Versión: 6.1 [7601]

Arquitectura de la aplicación: x64

Arquitectura del sistema: x64

Cantidad de procesadores lógicos: 8

Velocidad del procesador: 3,4 GHz

Memoria incorporada: 31970,8 MB

Memoria real disponible para Lightroom: 31970,8 MB

Memoria real usada por Lightroom: 1665,6 MB (5,2%)

Memoria virtual usada por Lightroom: 1634,7 MB

Tamaño de memoria de caché: 1275,6 MB

Número máximo de subprocesos que usa Camera Raw: 8

Ajustes de PPP del sistema: 96 PPP

Composición de escritorio activada: No

Pantallas: 1) 1400x1050

• 5. Re: Lightroom 5.7 doesn't import videos anymore
                  nacaronc42563372 Level 1

Hi Tanuj,

When you said that "make sure I have the latest version"... you mean that I HAVE TO SPEND MORE MONEY because the product I have is not working properly and your solution as a customer support is to make us buy something new?

If thats what you are sugesting, you are not helpfull at all.  and if I have to buy a new program for sure it will not be an Adobe product, cause it means you are selling products that do not work, your support department does not make honor to the name and should be rename as SALES DEPARMENT FOR FOOLS and you just want to make money. 

So please, if you have any solution to REPAIR my actual program, please tell me how.  And I really dont understand how a company like yours, have not address this issue that has been happening for quite a while now and to a lot of people for what I am finding in different forums.

Hoping to get a reasonable solution, yours

Roberto

• 6. Re: Lightroom 5.7 doesn't import videos anymore

Thank you for the information Roberto, I thought you were working on the latest version of Lightroom.

You don't have to purchase Lightroom 6.

From which location are you trying to import the videos?

Also install the latest version of Quick time player on your computer.