13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 1:31 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements10

banjoman 1111

Hi' all.

I have just reinstalled my Premier Elements 10, but when I try to start the program I just get an error:1 message.

I have recently upgraded to windows 10, I'm wondering if that's the problem and if there is a solution?

regards, Malc.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

banjoman 1111

There is no fundamental problems with Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 10. My impression is that Premiere Elements successes and failures are the same before and after upgrade to Windows 10. Did you replace an existing operating system with Windows 10 or start with a new computer that came with Windows 10.

1. Does your Windows 10 use a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed and are you running the programs as administrator.

3. Do the problems exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

NVIDIA GeForce and Premiere Elements 10 problems are the same before and after the upgrade to Windows 10.

This is a problem with "latest version" QuickTime (7.7.8) not installing, but, until Apple works out those details, go with QuickTime 7.7.6.

I have Premiere Elements 10 running on two computers with Windows 10.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Premiere Elements On Windows 10 Daily Discoveries

Let us start here.

Any questions or need clarification, please let us know. Looking forward to more details of your situation as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements10
            banjoman 1111 Level 1

Hi' and thanks for the reply.The initial problem I had with Elements10 was that the extra content would not show up in the program. If i tried to reinstall the extra content, i was informed that it was already installed. I searched through all of the Adobe folders but could not find the extra content folder. so I decided on a full reinstall of the program.  Hence the error1 problem.

My video/graphics card is a AMD Mobility Radion HD 5000 series, i have run Elements 10 on this for a number of Years without trouble.QuickTime I have installed is ver 7.7.7Firewall and anti virus off makes no difference.regards Malc.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

banjoman 1111

Thanks for the follow up.

Assuming Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit

From where are you getting your Content download....from a Windows Content installation disc that came with Premiere Elements 10 boxed packaging or from online Adobe - Premiere Elements: Download content?

Please see the following to confirm the paths that you were using to find all the Premiere Elements Content

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Disc Menu Folders/Files Locations

It is possible that you missed those that are stored in the Program Files (x86) route.

Once we get the above straightened out we will circle back to Error 1.

Any questions or need clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premier Elements10
                A.T. Romano Level 7

banjoman 1111

Thanks for the reply but the reply came with no message.

Please try again as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premier Elements10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

banjomN 1111

Thank you for trying to send a reply message. The replies are coming through, but still with no message in the reply. If you are replying from email notification or from cell phone, please try to go to your computer web browser to get to the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum to post your reply with message.

Recently there have been some web site posting problems mentioned by a moderator. I am not sure if your posting problem is related to that or whether it is just a matter of how you are sending your replies. You did OK in posting your thread and post 2, so please go back over how you did those to determine if you are doing anything different now in posting than you did then.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premier Elements10
                    banjoman 1111 Level 1

Hi'

Now replying from the forum, hopefully you will now get the content.

I am running Windows 10 64bit The Elements extra content was downloaded from the Adobe website. I downloaded the full package zip file, extracted and then installed. That's when I got the message that the extra content was already installed. I uninstalled all Adobe products and reinstalled Premier Elements, then error:1 Regards, Malc. Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

• 9. Re: Premier Elements10
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

banjorman 1111

Thanks for the reply. The message in the reply got through in your last post numbered 8. Great job in sorting out those posting details.

To do...

1. Did you go to the area in my blog post showing the hard drive save locations for all the menus installed in Premiere Elements 10 Windows? Are the menus folders/files missing from all the locations to which I refer in the blog post?

2. Go through the steps for obtaining the Premiere Elements 10 Content online rather than from a Content installation disc. Please refer to

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 7, 8, 9,10: Content Download

Have you done that already?

Reminder....be working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and in addition right click the desktop icon for Premiere Elements 10, select and apply Run As Administrator.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premier Elements10
                        banjoman 1111 Level 1

Hi' again.

The fun folder and its contents are installed in the correct place in the  x32.

But there is no Adobe Premier elements10 folder at all in the x64 Adobe folder.

I presume therefore that the program has or is not installing correctly?

regards, Malc.

• 11. Re: Premier Elements10
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

banjoman 1111

Thanks for the follow up.

Please confirm what computer operating system your Premiere Elements 10 is running on? Originally you said Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit). Please confirm.

Need to recap since you wrote..."The fun folder and its contents are installed in the correct place in the  x32".

To recap...there is one theme that is part of the installation, that is, the Fun theme. The rest need Content download from the Content Disc that comes with box packaging of Premiere Elements 10 or from the Adobe Content download link. But....for Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 10 64 bit

On Windows 10 64 bit, the Fun Folder is found in the route Program Files.

On Windows 10 64 bit, the rest (Content download type) are found in the route Program Files (x86)

When you download the Content from the link what are you setting as the default location. Please see Step 10 in

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 7, 8, 9,10: Content Download

This matter should not be impacted by the Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.

Please double check. We may be heading for an uninstall/free ccleaner run throug (regular and registry parts), and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premier Elements10
                            banjoman 1111 Level 1

I am running Windows10 64 bit

I have just downloaded the the extra content again from Adobe website, whilst my firewalls were switched off.

The Akamai net session manager installed first and was set to automatically run the content download.

When the installer ran for the Extra content installation, it installed approx 75% then failed with (a Problem occurred while extracting) message

• 13. Re: Premier Elements10
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

banjoman 1111

Thanks for the reply.

Do the Premiere Elements 10 Content download, but please try the following source for the download. Please read the instructions carefully. The key to success is to remember that you need to go temporarily to the Adobe web site to sign in with your Adobe ID and password, but all the downloading is done at the following web site

Photoshop Elements 10 Direct Download Links: Free Trials, Premiere | ProDesignTools

Also, are you doing the downloads all at one time, or one section at a time. You might determine if you have better results with the section by section download and install.

Before you start the above, have you gone to Control Panel/Installed Programs and have specifically uninstalled "Adobe Premiere Elements Content" listing? And, remember to do this downloading and installing with the antivirus and firewalls disabled. That .exe file (extractor file) has run into firewall problems often.

Thanks.

ATR