• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing formatting on hero slider text

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling with changes to the formatting of text on the home page of a template.

The site is: nzinabox.businesscatalyst.com

I need the large NZ IN A BOX to be smaller and the smaller text under the heading to be larger and stronger.

I have found .slider-cap h1 and .slider-cap p

but I am not sure how to alter the .css without messing it up.

Apparently pre defined webapp fields were used to populate the text, so I need to 'play/mess' with the css.

I did go and swap them around, but it didn't do what I had hoped for, so I put it back to how it was and am calling for help!

Any help would be marvellous!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I please have the URL of the site and any specific pages you'd like me to take a look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gaurav,

Currently, everything I am needing help with is on the home page... I am sure it will go beyond as I get further in!

The current site I am building is: nzinabox.businesscatalyst.com
(Using the new Travel 2015 template from BC Gurus).

I did end up going and playing, and happened upon the code in the Homepage Slider webapp.

I played with the code in the webapp and the css in style.css and I don't think I know quite what I am doing, but got the slider text to look somewhat like I want it.

(I fear I may have clumsily – code wise – got to the result).

I started the site using the old Travel template (nzinaboxold.businesscatalyst.com) but because the shop isn't quite set up with products in that template, and because this site will be my first linked-up ecommerce site, I thought it best to use the new Travel 2015 template (where the shop and products are in the template). There are aspects on the home page of the old template (nzinaboxold.businesscatalyst.com) that I am trying to replicate on the  new Travel template (nzinabox.businesscatalyst.com).

1) I would like the text beneath NZ IN A BOX to fit on one line (as in the old template).

2) I want to add dark green/blue rectangles as background to the text above the feature pictures – there are none in the new template. They are below the feature pictures on the old template.

3) I would like the nav buttons to change to the brighter turquoise (as in the old template) to show you what page you are on. Currently they are pale turquoise and become white as you hover over. I have managed to get it to momentarily show the brighter turquoise as you click on it, which immediately disappears.

I have played and played... but I just don't know enough about code, and css probably.

This is great learning though. I am comparing the new template with the old one and seeing how I can make it look like it!

Claire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines