4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 7:42 PM by dhphotonc

GPS

Henk ter Maten

See no GPS information  in images in Lightroom 6

Nikon camera

• 1. Re: GPS
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

To troubleshoot this, go to the Import window, make sure Apply During Import > Metadata is set to None.  If it isn't, set it to None and try importing a test pic.

If the GPS still doesn't show up, then upload a sample pic to Dropbox or similar and post its link here, and we'll take a look.

• 2. Re: GPS
            Henk ter Maten Level 1

Hi John,

Your advice works. And that is GREAT! Thanks.

After all that efforts and it's only one click.

Still one question. Do I have to get rid of all the imported photo's and Import again with your advised setting?

Henk

• 3. Re: GPS
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Now that we've confirmed that it's the import metadata preset that was clearing the GPS, note that you can still use a preset to set other fields such as Copyright.  Just make sure that the checkbox to the right of the GPS field is unchecked:

Untitled.png

Do I have to get rid of all the imported photo's and Import again with your advised setting?

You can select the photos and do Metadata > Read Metadata From File. But not that either approach, rereading the metadata or reimporting, will lose any develop adjustments and metadata changes (e.g. keywords) that you've made within LR.

• 4. Re: GPS
                dhphotonc

Thank you. Great missing gps solution. You made my day.