1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 7:46 AM by dj_paige

How to find / filter specific images in multiple collections

onetime01 Level 1

I did a google search for this but to no avail. I have images that are all in multiple collections. EVERY image is in atleast 2 collections, and some are in more than 2 collections.

My dilemma.. probably better asked in a real-world scenario:

I have collections for multiple model names, like 'Stephanie', 'Vicky', 'Samantha', etc.

And I also have a collection of what the shoot's mood concept was.. for example 'dark', 'fun', 'happy', etc.

Now, my question is how can I find or filter images based on the value of multiple collections. Say I want all images of  'Vicky' AND 'fun'.

I know this can be done using smart collections, but that would take forever considering I have a few hundred models and moods.

So far I've tried, while being in 'Vicky' collection, clicking on the small graphic that shows all the collections that that image belongs to, and also holding cntrl key + clicking on the other (non checked) collection.. doesn't work.

Anybody know if this can be done?

• 1. Re: How to find / filter specific images in multiple collections
          dj_paige Level 9

I think keywords are a better solution for this problem, as the Filter Bar makes this relatively easy.

With collections, you must use Smart Collections to find photos that are in specific multiple collections. I know you said you didn't like smart collections, but as far as I know, this is the only way. I'm not sure why you say "but that would take forever considering I have a few hundred models and moods".