2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 11:38 AM by Arivl

Thorny Trapcode Form Problem

Arivl Level 1

Hey folks!  I'm trying to wrap my head around how I might accomplish something in Trapcode form.  In short, I'm trying to create a futuristic HUD-type POV shot a la Terminator.  One of the elements I'd like to use is a Trapcode form layer that creates a sort of dot-grid texture that conforms to the character in frame.   Here's what I've got to work with:

•A Plate with the character and the BG.

•Roto Matte

•Matchmoved Camera in AE

So far, pretty easy, and I don't even need the matchmoved camera.  Feed Form the A plate as displacement map, and the Roto Matte as an Alpha Map.  A little tweaking of the the settings, and I've got something pretty cool looking.

Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 9.23.36 AM.png

However, the "scan lines" do not move relative to the screen, and trying to use the matchmoved camera completely destroys the rest of the method.  If I make the form object big enough to cover the whole camera move, the current bit of footage used as the displacement map gets stretched to the dimensions of the whole object, so it looks useless.   Can anyone think of a different method that would yield similar results, except that it could use the match moved camera to move the scan lines along with the scene?  Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Ari