3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 8:45 AM by Abhishamster

how to add handwritten comments (to write math formulas) to a pdf inside a strick note or by adding a new paragraph in the pdf

mllmag

i need that to comment math books and usually i do not have enough space around the page. And i cannot find a program that allows to place handwritten image in a sticky note. I would need that to comment a passage, or commenting a problem on the side in a sticky note etc... And i would need to write math formulas, therefore the need to be a handwritten note. THank you for any help on that. NB another possibility would be to convert the pdf into a doc document, but none of the converters does a good job converting math pages. Would the paying converting adobe service be any good?. Thank you as well.

• 1. Re: how to add handwritten comments (to write math formulas) to a pdf inside a strick note or by adding a new paragraph in the pdf
          Abhishamster Level 4

Hi mllmag,

This is something which is not possible with Sticky Note. May I know which OS & device you are working with?

On PC/Mac: You can use Attach File tool under Comments to attach an image.

• 2. Re: how to add handwritten comments (to write math formulas) to a pdf inside a strick note or by adding a new paragraph in the pdf
            mllmag Level 1

Hi Abhishamster, Thank you for your reply. Currently i am using a pc with windows seven an also an android tablet. But if it were possible to do that in a mac or an ipad, i would move to any of those. If adding a handwritten note into a sticky note is impossible, is it possible to add a paragraph or some blank space into a pdf so i can handwrite into it?. THe most i have found is to add a new page. BUt although that is good, it is cumbersome to do that since it disorganizes the pdf greatly: original pages and added pages intermixed etc... OF course the neater approach would be the sticky notes approach: they contents would be visible only if wanted, which is perfect for elaborated comments or attempted solutions to problems etc... BUt so far that is not possible (technically i assume, due to the specification of what a sticky note is). Adding a paragraph or space seems a better approach, but it would involve reflow of the page and so far i have not found any app or pc application able to do that.

If the only solution is to add a new page, and maybe annotate with an asterisk and a number referring to the next  (added) page or to (added) pages at the end of the pdf, do you know the best app (in features and stability) to do that? It would be important easiness to move to that page and back to the initial page where the comment originated. IF an ipad is much better for that i could move to that. I chose an android tablet since the galaxy note seemed appropriate to add handwriting with its pen. I do not know if it is easy to handwrite extensively in an ipad. Thank you very much for any further help

• 3. Re: how to add handwritten comments (to write math formulas) to a pdf inside a strick note or by adding a new paragraph in the pdf
              Abhishamster Level 4

Galaxy Note is the right device as it will give you more precision with S Pen than iPad. Text re-flow is not possible with Acrobat. The only thing which comes close to it is to use a Math Keyboard which you try from Play Store.