1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 11:37 AM by A.T. Romano

I am trying to edit a video, however, no audio or video files are moving across the timeline or in layer.

nacholimeguy

I am in the middle of trying to edit a video. However, when I try to click and drag ANYTHING in the video, nothing happens.

As a result I cannot change the positioning of audio or video files in either their positioning on the timeline or, indeed, their layering.

Please help, it would be very much appreciated

• 1. Re: I am trying to edit a video, however, no audio or video files are moving across the timeline or in layer.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

nacholimeguy

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or a "it never worked before" issue?

Are you essentially saying that the program is frozen and than you have no active functions in the workspace?

What the duration and complexity of the project's Timeline at this state?

What are the properties of your video? What are the project settings?

What was the last thing that you did in the project before what I am calling a "freeze" set in?

If you open a new project, does the problem exist?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR