8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 1:42 PM by T369

Missing vertical scroll bar in Develop module

T369

For some reason the vertical scroll bar on the right hand side is missing. I cannot scroll up/down through the different panels (e.g., basic, tone curve, etc). I noticed that if I collapse the histogram, the scroll bar appears, but if the histogram is expanded (e.g., visible) then the scroll bar disappears. What gives?

I would like to have the histogram visible while I'm editing the photo. I used to be able to have the histogram and scroll bar appear at the same time, but I'm not sure what happened. I'm using Lightroom 6.1.1. Please advise.

scroll.jpg

• 1. Re: Missing vertical scroll bar in Develop module
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

It looks like you're on a very small display -- what are its dimensions?  Does it meet the minimum requirements?

Some things to try:

1. Expand all of the other panels.

2. Try hiding and then showing all of the develop panels using Windows > Panels > Histogram, Basic, etc. 

3. Reset LR's preferences: Resetting the lightroom preferences file - updated - Lightroom Forums. Sprinkling that magic fairy dust fixes many issues when the UI decides to go wonky.

• 2. Re: Missing vertical scroll bar in Develop module
            T369 Level 1

I'm on a 13" notebook so the display is small; however, the scroll bar was visible before. I've reset the preferences, but that made no difference.

Although I don't think the size of the display is the issue, you did give me an idea. I closed the left panels (e.g., navigator, collections, etc.) to increase the overall area on the right side of the screen. Unfortunately, that didn't work either.

Next I dragged the right panel to make it wider and noticed that the scroll bar would reappear then disappear. Okay, so now I'm thinking I may have accidentally made the right panel too narrow for the scroll bar to be visible since making it wider made the scroll bar reappear. But here's the weird part...making the right panel too wide also made the scroll bar disappear. I had to size the right panel just right for the scroll bar to remain visible.

• 3. Re: Missing vertical scroll bar in Develop module

Glad you got it visible. It smells like a bug handling small displays -- what are the pixel dimensions of the screen?

• 4. Re: Missing vertical scroll bar in Develop module
                T369 Level 1

Oops, the screen is actually a 11.6" with a resolution of 1366x768. I agree that it's probably a bug. You could logically reason that making the panel too narrow could cause the scroll bar to disappear, but you wouldn't think that making it too wide would do the same thing. Btw, the left panel and its scroll bar has no problems when I adjust the size.

• 5. Re: Missing vertical scroll bar in Develop module

I just noticed that in your screen shot, the button that is normally "Reset" (lower-right corner) is instead "Set Default..."   Normally, it only displays "Set Default..." when you hold down Alt (Opt on Mac).  Were you holding down Alt when you took the screen shot? 

I tried reproducing the problem by setting my display to be 1360x768 (Windows) and even smaller on Mac, but I couldn't trigger the bug.

• 6. Re: Missing vertical scroll bar in Develop module
                    T369 Level 1

You're very perceptive I was using ALT - Print Screen to take that screenshot. Still don't know the reason for it being the way it is, but at least I'm now able to see the scroll bar. Just in case anyone from Adobe is looking, here are some more screenshots to illustrate the problem.

Left panel - made it as narrow as it would go. No problems whatsoever.

leftnarrow.jpg

Left panel - made it was wide as it would go. No problems whatsoever.

leftwide.jpg

Right panel - made it as narrow as it would go. Vertical scroll bar disappears.

rightnarrow.jpg

Right panel - made it as wide as it would go. Vertical scroll bar disappears. You can see the gap where the scroll bar should be.

rightwide.jpg

For me to be able to see the vertical scroll bar on the right panel, I would either have to collapse the histogram which makes the scroll bar appear or resize the panel just right (not too narrow and not too wide).

• 7. Re: Missing vertical scroll bar in Develop module

This is a user-to-user forum in which Adobe product developers rarely participate. Perhaps you could post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Recently active topics in Photoshop Family about Photoshop Lightroom.  Include the screen shots and the output from Help > System Info.

• 8. Re: Missing vertical scroll bar in Develop module
                        T369 Level 1

Okay, thanks for your help.