3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 7:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier 11 Project will not Render

jovanoloves2dive

I'm doing a new project (still images) in Premiere 11, and I see the orange bar above the Timeline.  When I hit the "Render" button, NOTHING happens.  I've tried closing the program.  It reopens with the orange showing, but will not Render.  The playback is consequently jerky and dissolves don't work.  Please help.  I'm under a time deadline and have never had this problem.

• 1. Re: Premier 11 Project will not Render
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jovanoloves2dive

What computer operating system is involved?

Please confirm that you are OK with the orange line that you are looking at....from what you wrote, it is the render color indicator line that runs horizontally above the Timeline content and not the orange line that runs horizontal through the clip. Confirm?

Do the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar span the entire duration of the Timeline content that has the orange line over it?

Please go Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and tell us where the Video Previews are pointed and how much free hard drive space is available at that location.

The screenshot is from 12/12.1, but same principle as for 11.

Render.JPG

Also, what are the pixel dimensions of these stills and how many of them are there?

What is your project preset? If you do not know, please look at readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Please consider. If any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier 11 Project will not Render
            jovanoloves2dive Level 1

Thank you very much!

As you suggested, my problem was the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar.  I hadn’t expended the right-hand one to include the work area.  Sorry to have bothered you.  All is good.

The other info you gave me is helpful.  I need to learn more about presets, and will explore that.

All the best,

Mary

• 3. Re: Premier 11 Project will not Render
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mary

Thanks for the update and great news that you have worked through the rendering issue. Great job. Those gray tabs ordinarily expand automatically when you add files to the Timelines, but often, if you move them manually, that affects their automatic snap to nature.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification about your Premiere Elements workflow.

Best wishes

ATR