What computer operating system is involved?
For now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.
You do not delete the install, you uninstall and the reinstall.
Here is the steps...
1. Open the program to the Expert workspace, go to Help Menu/ and click on the Sign Out option. That deactivates the program. Close out of there and the program.
2. Go to the Control Panel area and uninstall Premiere Elements the usual way.
3. Do a free ccleaner run through of the computer (regular and registry cleaner parts)
4. Reinstall the program with the antivirus and firewalls disabled.
5. Do not install the 13.1 Update until you are sure that Premiere Elements as 13 is working in all ways. Then do the update to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.
Do not attempt the above unless you have installation files or installation disc and a purchased serial number for the product.
Before you start all this
a. What is the problem with the present install? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator?
b. Are the problems present with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?
c. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or manufacturer of the computer?
d. What are the error messages associated with any of these problems?
e. What is a description of your computer resources and have you met the program's System Requirements?
Please review and consider the above. Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.
you asked hat happens when we delete the software from drive in order to reinstall it
You will not lose saved closed projects in the uninstall/reinstall. Common items will need to be saved before. But, with all the problems that you refer to, do you really have to worry about saving those projects?
Do not move, delete, rename any files and folders that were imported into those saved closed projects if you have some that you want to continue to use after the uninstall/reinstall.