Before proceeding to reinstall please provide some more detail info about your OS and the problem you are encountering, do you get an error message if so post a screen capture of he message or quote it word for word.
Error message is simply: Adobe photoshop lightroom is not responding. (close the program or wait)
sorry windows 7
All I really want to know is what will happen if I uninstall and reinstall. Will entering the same serial numbers and details count as my second install? I still want to put this software on my laptop, so I don't want to use my second right to use.
- In Lightroom, click Help > Sign Out (that frees up the activation on the Adobe activation server)
- Reinstall (activation is part of the installation process)
Before uninstalling Lightroom please go through the following steps:
- Please check whether you have any external drive connected or not and disconnect if you have any and try Lightroom.
- Please uncheck GPU acceleration under Edit>Preferences>Performance tab and restart lightroom.
- If you still have problem doing it then please try the following steps:
1. Open the RUN window, type devmgmt.msc, and click ok, it will open the device manager dialog box
2. Select display adapter from the device list and expand it
3 .Right click on your Graphic card and disable it and keep the device manager window open.
4. Launch Lightroom and try to uncheck the GPU acceleration and restart lightroom
5. From the device manager windows, please enable the graphic card again.
If you face any difficulty in activating Lightroom on other computer, as your Lightroom is non responsive and I don’t think you would be able to deactivate it before uninstalling it so in that case you can contact Adobe support.