4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 11:34 AM by mindapolis

moving frame

mindapolis Level 1

Hi, I'm relatively  new to InDesign and I'm having trouble moving frames.  I understand if you click and drag the content grabber it moves the image inside the frame but if I click inside the frame but not the content grabber I can't get the frame to move.  Any idea what is going on? 

• 1. Re: moving frame
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

It's probably either locked, on a locked layer, or on a master page.

• 2. Re: moving frame
            Chad Chelius Adobe Community Professional

Great suggestions Peter but none of the options that you listed would still allow you to click on the content grabber to select the graphic. I'm thinking that maybe it's an anchored/inline graphic? Minneapolis, if you select the frame, do you see an anchor icon in the upper-right corner of the frame? If so, easiest way to unanchored it, is to cut it, then paste it back onto the page.

• 3. Re: moving frame
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Actually, you can use the content grabber with locked objects to select the content (though I don't think it will necessarily move in the frame) if your prefs are set appropriately (that happens to be a feature I fought tooth and nail to preserve in CS4 or there abouts so old templates with objects locked for position could still be edited without unlocking), but I agree that locked layer or master page would not react that way. Anchored object is another good thought.

• 4. Re: moving frame
                mindapolis Level 1

I don't know what happened but it 's working now.  There was only one layer and it didn't seem to be locked.