4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2006 3:17 PM by Fortune Hunter Z

raw recruit needs help with basic thumbnail

steveonedoor
      I have searched the help files and the discussion groups and cannot find a reference to the creation of a thumbnail. Therefore, I am confident everyone in the world but me knows how to do that. But I need a thumbnail! How do I make or get or find or create a thumbnail from a jpeg? Thanks ... Steve
        • 1. Re: raw recruit needs help with basic thumbnail
          Level 7
          steve63118 wrote:
          > I have searched the help files and the discussion groups and cannot
          > find a reference to the creation of a thumbnail. Therefore, I am confident
          > everyone in the world but me knows how to do that. But I need a thumbnail! How
          > do I make or get or find or create a thumbnail from a jpeg? Thanks ... Steve

Just resize a copy of the image. Modify > Transform > Numeric Transform.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: raw recruit needs help with basic thumbnail
            Fortune Hunter Z Level 1
            Not to crash in on a thread, but what if you want to create multiple thumbnails at once and you want them all to be a uniform size and you don't want to have to modify, transform every one of them individually?

I have several product photos that were sent to me (about 50) which are huge and I don't want to have to open and resize every single one of them individually. I was hoping Fireworks was smart enough to go into the directory where they are at and resize all of them at once to a uniform size thumbnail.
            • 3. Re: raw recruit needs help with basic thumbnail
              Level 7
              Fortune,

File > Batch Process will do just that.

alex

Fortune Hunter Z wrote:
              > Not to crash in on a thread, but what if you want to create multiple thumbnails
              > at once and you want them all to be a uniform size and you don't want to have
              > to modify, transform every one of them individually?
              >
              > I have several product photos that were sent to me (about 50) which are huge
              > and I don't want to have to open and resize every single one of them
              > individually. I was hoping Fireworks was smart enough to go into the directory
              > where they are at and resize all of them at once to a uniform size thumbnail.
              >
              • 4. Re: raw recruit needs help with basic thumbnail
                Fortune Hunter Z Level 1
                Alex:

Thank you! That was perfect, it did exactly what I needed. Too bad this never made it into the help files or at least not that I could find under the obvious heading of "thumbnails".

Fortune Hunter