0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2006 11:04 AM by ehaemmerle

Querying Excel spreadsheet that gets external data

ehaemmerle
      We have an Excel spreadsheet on our server that is setup to get external data from an ODBC connection to a database that Cold Fusion is not able to query. (MYOB Accounting) So basically when you manually open up the Excel spreadsheet, it is setup to get external data. When you open the xls file, you can either click "Data/Refresh Data" and it will go and get the live data from the ODBC connection or you can also set it up to automatically go get the live data every time you open the xls file. This is working. HOWEVER, I am now setting up that xls file to be queried by Cold Fusion. I have that working also. I am able to query the spreadsheet and do a cfdump and it is retrieving the data correctly, BUT it will not go get the latest live data from the ODBC connection to MYOB. If we manually open up the xls file and go retrieve the live data then close it, Cold Fusion will then display the latest data. My question is, is there a way to force the xls file to go get the latest data somehow FIRST, BEFORE Fusion queries the spreadsheet. I set the xls file to automatically get the live data every time you open it but it is not doing it when Fusion queries it. ???

Thanks

Erich