• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE11 renders a blank webhelp popup window(doesn't happen on first instance but from thereon) Version: Robohelp 2015 Trail.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to robohelp and this forum so i had asked the question in General Discussions, through profile home page.

Please find all the details in below Link and replies from Adobe Staff member:

IE11 renders a blank webhelp popup window(doesn't happen on first instance but from thereon) Version...

"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using trail version of robohelp2015, I have few issues when i open webhelp popups from the links in webpage in IE. It works fine in Chrome.

I click on help in on page, which opens a webhelp popup window. i don't close the popup and go to next page in my test website on now again click on help. Now it refreshes the webhelp popup with blank window in IE11.

Help would be appreciated.

The page is entirely blank without skin

d1.png

The script i am using to open webhelp:

<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "helpfiles/index.htm>>Mainwindow",  HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 2564462)' style="text-decoration:none;">?</A>

Also as i am quite new to robohelp, just wondering where should i change if I want my webhelp window on top(focus) whenever someone clicks help.

Do i need to change in Robohelp_csh,js file or any other file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Prajwal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prajwal

Is this the same question? If it is then starting it again in another forum will just create confusion. Different people answering in different forums and others with the same problem finding a thread with minimal information when the other thread may have the answer.

Those who help will see most forums.

Please confirm this is a duplicate and I will delete it as if it is, it serves no purpose.

It can be confusing at first so please take a look at the sticky topics. They'll help you understand how to use the forums.

Also I can move the other thread here as the links to it will still work.

Let me know.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't knew how to move the other thread to this forum, if you could do that it would be good rather then deleting anyone of both threads.

I did see many questions regarding same type of issues and answers for those questions in this forum so i posted it again here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small Update to question: when i checked the debugger Console in IE11 shows access denied error in whcsh_home.htm line 295

{ function postWindowNSOpen() : goNewWnd.document.location.href=gsURL; } //error

1.png

and for focus issue in chrome the developer tools shows Uncaught type error in  whcsh_home.htm line 234

{if(gbNav4 || gbSafari) : < oNewWnd.focus(); >} //chrome error

1.png

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is now locked. Please see the other thread by following the link in the first post in this thread.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp