• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I got an “Error Exception Code” when I attempted to install Acrobat Pro 12.0 Win for Students & Teachers. Now what can I do to resolve this issue?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered an installation error when I attempted to install my recently purchased (on August 11, 2015) and validated copy (i.e., license to use) of Adobe Acrobat Professional 12.0 Win UE, from JourneyEd.com.  I was able to successfully download the executable file {JourneyEd.exe} from the vendor JourneyEd.com.  However, when I attempted to “RUN” and “INSTALL” this program onto my home/student laptop PC, I received an “ERROR CODE” dialog pop-up box from Windows version 10, that said something about the “PROGRAM FAILED TO INSTALL.”  When this happened, I closed all of the active applications on my PC, re-started my PC, and then I attempted to run the installation process a second time.  Unfortunately, once again I received the same “ERROR CODE” from my Windows 10 Operating System.  In my attempt to troubleshoot this matter, I went back to the “DOWNLOAD” URL and tried to download another copy of the executable file (JourneyEd.exe), because I thought that perhaps the first copy was somehow corrupted or defective.  Unfortunately, the “DOWNLOAD” URL will not allow me to download a second copy of this file.  Now what can I do to resolve this issue?  Any assistance that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

For #5 and Adobe programs you should never change the install location

Repeat step 3 - use kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1930162 if your original link doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud & Win10 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Windows_10_compatibility_FAQ.html

-also, only CURRENT products will be tested and updated for compatibility with Windows 10

-so if you have an older program, you update to Windows 10 at YOUR risk of problems

Win10 runtime https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679 may help

TWO ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-1 right click the program icon (or setup.exe to install) and select a compatibility mode

-2 go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thank you, most sincerely, for your reply.

Unfortunately, I purchased a license for “Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Student and Teacher”, from JourneyEd.com, which is the University Bookstore where I am attending graduate school.  After I paid them (via online), they (i.e., Adobe) then had to verify that I was actually a student at University.  Adobe’s query came back positive (i.e., yes I am really a student), so they e-mailed me a URL link to download the installation file {*.exe}.  That went well, and the file from Adobe downloaded properly into my sub-folder.  However, when I attempted to run this executable file, I made a mistake by choosing the sub-folder for the “Installation”.  I should have chosen the sub-folder for the Adobe setup executable file as the location for “Installing” the full program.  It was at that point when I received the “Error Exception Code” from my Windows 10 Pro Operating System.  Then the Win 10 Pro O.S. deleted my installation file {*.exe}.

Please let me briefly recap:

1.  Paid for the software license via JourneyEd.com (via online).

2.  Verified my status as a grad student at University.

3.  Downloaded the installation file {*.exe} from Adobe.

4.  Adobe e-mailed to me the “24 digit Serial Number” to use during the installation process.

5.  I selected the wrong sub-folder to install the “Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Student and Teacher” program into.

6.  Win 10 Pro O.S. had a “hissy-fit” and stopped the installation of Acrobat Pro DC, and then it deleted my executable installation file {*.exe}.

7.  Now, I have a valid “24 digit Serial Number” for the installation process, but I *DO NOT HAVE* the proper Adobe executable installation file {*.exe}.

Can you think of any possible solutions for my dilemma???

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to answer my problem with a possible solution.  It is much appreciated.

All the best to you,

Paul Edward DiMarco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For #5 and Adobe programs you should never change the install location

Repeat step 3 - use kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1930162 if your original link doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John,

Thank you, once again, for your excellent advice.  All that you said was exactly spot-on.

Eureka!!!  Everything is now working as advertised, and now I have the requisite software for this semester’s classes.

Thanks once again.

All the best to you,

Paul Edward DiMarco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines