1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2016 1:57 AM by Willi Adelberger

International Indesign???

Joe_4121_PC

We have a customer that from what I have read apparently has an International version of Indesign. The documents we are getting have pages numbered right to left instead of left to right. This makes page 2 come out on 3 and 3 come out as 2 and so forth when exporting a PDF. From the reading I have done the US English version of Indesign does not even have the ability to change this but the international version does have the ability to swap back and forth. So two questions can I as a Creative cloud subscriber download the International version and If I can; Can I use it with the other 99.9 % of documents we get that are US English documents without it having any effect on them.

• 1. Re: International Indesign???
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant
          1. Yes, any CC subscriber can download any other localized version.
          2. If you have installed another version, you don't need to uninstall your version you can install above your version for example the Hebrew version. It will add menus, commands and functionality you need to use with that language, you can also switch binding in Document Setup.
          3. If you want to install another language, go to the CC Desktop Application and got to the Preferences and change the App Language. After you have done it, you can install InDesign in that other language. You can install as many languages as you want, but don't mix more than 2 blocks (Language blocks are Normal LTR like Englisch, German, Russian, Greek, etc, MENA like Arabic or Hebrew or Farsi, Asia like Chinese or Japanese and Indic with Indian languages) on the same computer as it causes more crashes.