This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Hi. What you have done works for me. Are you clicking on the OK button after you "apply" the font change?
Yes, I did click the OK button. The preview or the build does not show the color changed. Is there something Iam missing
Not that I can see. Have you tried it in different places, topics or projects with the same result? Also can I just double check that you are following the sequence below:
1. Click on the DHMTL | Create Dropdown Hotspot and Text menu item.
2. Insert the text.
3. Highligh the text
4. Click on the Format | Font menu item.
5. Specify your font colour.
6. Click on the Apply button
7. Click on the OK button.
Sorry to double check this but I want to ensure we're singing from the same hymn sheet.
"...The preview or the build does not show the color changed...."
Did you mean,
"...The preview of the build does not show the color changed...."
Does "preview" mean you are looking at it within RH, using the "view" command labeled with eyeglasses?
What happens when you generate WebHelp and view the output?
Are you saying that neither the RH preview nor the generated WebHelp shows the topic-specific color?
Do you have the text highlighted in the Drop-Down Text Editor box that you want to apply your changes to?
Edit: meant to say "text", not "font".
Column, I followed the steps you have mentioned. I did find a work around which is not the ideal one. I have followed these steps and the text color did change.
1. My style sheet has "Blue" as the color set for drop down text instead of the default "Black"
2. I wanted the color to be "Black" for a specific topic only
3. If I directly changed the color from "Automatic" to "Black", there was no change in color and my text still appeared in "Blue"
4. I changed the color to a Red (any color other than black), clicked Apply and OK and checked in preview, the color was applied
5. Then I changed the color to "Black" and checked in preview, Black color was applied to the text. I had to repeat this for each drop down I created in the topic
6. I did not find any logic with this freak method I applied but it worked! Maybe this problem is beacuse I wanted to change the color to the default "Black".
If you have your style sheet saying you dropdown text will be blue then it will be blue no matter what you do. That makes sense. You may want to try using a different style sheet for the single topic and amending the drop down test colour accordingly.
Thanks for the suggestions! making a style sheet makes more sense than the roundabout method I found. Thanks!