• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 13 Keeps telling me it cant connect to internet to verify serial number.

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have attempted to install PS Elements 13 from brand new disc. (Windows)

Installation works so far as it is on the PC and will run if I bypass the connection request, but how long is it going to do that for before it blocks me from using the program?  IT asks repeatedly whilst the program is running too. 

Have manually registered the serial number on my Adobe account and it is showing as verified.

But each time I open up the Elements editor it tells me to register and then comes up with an error messages telling me that it cant complete the process as I am not connected to the internet.

Obviously I DO have internet connection, as I am signed into Adobe account, internet web browser etc.  so what is the problem and is there a work around?

NB -same issue occurring on the Premier Elements 13 program as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Issue resolved via Tech support. Host file had code written in to block the website.

no reason why but problems sorted now.

Thanks for advice but sadly none of it worked due to this host error.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

Try turning of any active Antivirus or fireball that might be blocking access to PS elements 13 or try switching to a different network.

Moreover, An Internet connection is required the first time you install and license your apps, but you can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license. The desktop apps will attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days. Annual members can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode. Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode.

Regards,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue resolved via Tech support. Host file had code written in to block the website.

no reason why but problems sorted now.

Thanks for advice but sadly none of it worked due to this host error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it is stil not fixed here in 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

use offline activation.

1. Launch the product.
  2. At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.
  3. Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.
  4. Write down the Request Code.
  5. Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.
  6. Click Offline Activation.
  7. Sign in with your Adobe ID.
  8. Enter your Request code and click Generate.
  9. Write down the Response code.
  10. Switch back to the offline computer.
  11. Enter the Response Code and click Activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines