5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2015 9:38 AM by A.T. Romano

Can't open and use a bought and paid for and registered Elements 12....

mikep70578529

I have a bought and paid for and registered version of Elements 12 on my laptop which I don't use very often but when I try and open it the program wants my adobe ID to try a 30 day trial version....any suggestions to bypass this annoyance?

• 1. Re: Can't open and use a bought and paid for and registered Elements 12....
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mikep

What computer operating system?

Assuming Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit for now in case I need to get into version/computer specifics.....

When you get the tryout message, do you see an option to License This Product. You typically do. Click on License This Product and following the instructions, including the insertion of your purchased serial number.

The appearance of the dialog is not uncommon.

Please let us know if the above is the information that you sought. If not, please supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't open and use a bought and paid for and registered Elements 12....
            mikep70578529 Level 1

Thank you for your response, very quick indeed. My laptop is windows 8 and I did all the required license info when I registered the product so my concern is why is it not allowing me to use it and will this keep happening....often when i'm on deadline I don't have time to be re-entering product info.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.

• 3. Re: Can't open and use a bought and paid for and registered Elements 12....
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mikep

Thanks for the follow ups.

The why for that pop is often not obvious.

I get that tryout message every time I deactivate a purchased version and go to reinstall it. Is there any chance that somehow you are closing the projects using Help Menu/Sign Out. That Sign Out = Deactivate. In versions earlier than 12, that was Help Menu/Deactivate instead of Help Menu/Sign Out.

Not sure why it would make a difference, nonetheless....have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. If not, please do so.

Does the frequency of use of the program seem to be impacting how often you get this tryout pop up?

Please consider the above. We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't open and use a bought and paid for and registered Elements 12....
                mikep70578529 Level 1

Once again - Thank you.  I believe its has to do more with frequency of use...usually once or twice over a few months, I prefer to use my desktop version but on location I really just need to crop and re-size and email images hence the Elements rather than the full-blown PS.

I don't recall ever using the "sign out", typically I would just close the program or turn the computer off.

I have not updated - V12 suits me just fine and I'm not familiar with the open project menu/updates that you refer to but it may be worth a shot if it solves the problem.

M

• 5. Re: Can't open and use a bought and paid for and registered Elements 12....
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

M

Thanks for the reply.

Just a note about the 12.1 Update. These updates have obvious and not so obvious perks. One of the major obvious ones for 12.1 is that is corrects the Text Style issue that exists only in the Expert workspace of the version.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: 12.1 Update Released

My first tendency is to go for the frequency of use explanation for the tryout pop up. But, I have no hard evidence to support that. Also, automatic computer updates or automatic updating of drivers might be explored for cause and effect.

I will think about this some more. In the meanwhile, as your schedule permits, please let us know if you notice a pattern to the appearance of the tryout pop up.

Best wishes

ATR