3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 5:56 AM by A.T. Romano

Can elements 13 import Panasonic AVCHD 50fps files and output suitable for PAL?

howards7744647

Standard Import settings for PAL are 25fps. I can probably buy a converter but wanted to know if I upgrade to 13 if it is included in the spec.

• 1. Re: Can elements 13 import Panasonic AVCHD 50fps files and output suitable for PAL?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

howards

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system?

You may not have to go to another version depending on your answer.

But, specific for Premiere Elements 13/13.1

Project Preset

PAL

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p50

Export example....

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080 p25

then, under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the select preset, customize the preset to MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p50

p50.jpg

If you interest is in 720p, then look at

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets =

MP4 HD720p50

or

M2T HD720p50

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can elements 13 import Panasonic AVCHD 50fps files and output suitable for PAL?
            howards7744647 Level 1

Thank you A.T.Romano. I have a problem importing AVCHD files (*.MTS) into a Windows 7 (32bit) PC. The video playback is jerky even though all parameters seem to be correct. It occurred to me that the 32-Bit version of Elements (downloaded and definitely the 32 Bit file version) might be the problem and so I downloaded 64 bit version onto laptop running Win7 64 bit and have no obvious problem (except I would not want to use laptop for video editing). Problem is with 32 Bit version and PAL areas of world. Thanks for your really useful reply though. H Samuels

• 3. Re: Can elements 13 import Panasonic AVCHD 50fps files and output suitable for PAL?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

H Samuels

Thanks for the follow up and the troubleshooting that you did pointing to a computer resource type issue.

AVCHD is a more resource demanding format and benefits from Premiere Elements 13 being a 64 bit application in Windows 7 64 bit; whereas Premiere Elements 13 is a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit system.

But with regard to Premiere Elements 13 on the Windows 7 32 bit, have you

a. Looked at the export of the  jerkyTimeline content to compare its quality as compared to the Edit area previewing?

b. In the Edit area, have you right clicked the monitor, selected Playback Settings, and then Highest?

c. Have you set the Timeline Rendering Quality for High quality, Slow speed?

d. Are you looking at the rendered Timeline content when viewing that content in the Edit area monitor?

e. Are you working with PAL footage in a NTSC project or NTSC footage in a PAL project?

Generalization: For editing AVCHD video, Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit is the way to go for getting a larger project with high resource demanding footage to successful completion. You will also find that with the 32 bit application here the program will block import of photos with a pixel count greater than a program limit. More information on that if necessary.

Best wishes

ATR