I'm retrieving results from a webservice for products, my
daily routine has hiccuped on products beginning with 'N'
CFHTTP was pulling 1000 records at a time, using
xmlparse(cfhttp.filecontent) and then I wrote the results to the
The error I've encountered is
An error occured while Parsing an XML document.
An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x8) was found in the
I've stripped all the write to database code and can confirm
the XMLParse function is producing this error. I've tried a few
different charsets "iso-8859-1" and "utf-8" I also have
<cfhttpparam type="header" name="Accept-Encoding" value="*"/>
within the CFHTTP get.
If I try and get fewer records, but loop multiple times I get
a mixture of unusual results.
Loop 1 - 10 with 50 results I get the same error message on the 7th loop, suggesting a
problem with a record between 350 and 400.
Loop 1 - 25 with 20 results I get the same error message on the 13th loop, suggesting a
problem with a record between 260 and 280.
Loop 1 - 100 with 10 results It loops 1 - 31 refreshes the page and does 1-31 again...
forever.. no errors messages.
can tell you the error is with product #B00009QI5I
in the description of the game, there's a piece of the
description..."uy it if u like hockey" which is throwing the whole
xml document off, without that piece, everything works...
has a code of
the best thing I can recommend is making the provider aware
of this mistake in their product description, if they are providing
this webservice to others, I'm willing to bet they're making people