1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2015 3:47 PM by Peter Spier

InDesign CC is crashing with Exception Type EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) and Code KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS

meerac27682198

It's been happening all day, and I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why it's happening; usually when I'm just typing along on my merry way. Research into these exception types and codes reveals a big fat zero.

Is this a problem with my Mac? My template? My master pages? My paragraph tags? My graphics? ...My Adobe karma?

The details are below.

Process:          Adobe InDesign CC 2015 [3550]
      Path:             /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Adobe InDesign CC 2015.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe InDesign CC 2015
      Identifier:       com.adobe.InDesign
      Version:          11.1.0.122 (11100)
      Code Type:        X86-64 (Native)
      Parent Process:   ??? [1]
      Responsible:      Adobe InDesign CC 2015 [3550]
      User ID:          393393107

Date/Time:        2015-09-02 14:17:02.577 -0700
      OS Version:       Mac OS X 10.10.3 (14D2134)
      Report Version:   11
      Anonymous UUID:   7EA882AA-67F0-9B9E-74F7-6FB9407DCF94

Time Awake Since Boot: 7000 seconds

Crashed Thread:   0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:   EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
      Exception Codes:  KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00006188003be758

It was working just fine before I started developing a new document, developing a template as I go.  Nothing has changed in my system -- no Adobe updates (Flash or otherwise), no Mac updates that I know of, nothing new. I sent a co-worker a copy of the file, and it also made InDesign crash on her system, but I don't know what caused the crash from her end.

It happens when I'm typing, when I copy and paste text or graphics, when I add text that flows into the next text box, when I tag some text as a particular paragraph style... probably other times, as well, but I have forgotten all of the times it has given me errors.

I am new to InDesign, so it's incredibly frustrating because I don't know if I accidentally tried to make it do something it's not supposed to do, or if there is something wrong with [my system, my template, my styles, my brain].

I can attach the entire error report, if that's helpful, or send you the file I'm working on... What would be most useful?