3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2015 7:28 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere elements 13.1- Aspect ratio

XeniaLydia

I was wondering if it is possible to change the aspect ratio of Adobe premiere elements 13.1. Whenever I upload videos on to YouTube, there are black bars around the video. I have done some research, however, I still haven't found a solution. Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13.1- Aspect ratio
          A.T. Romano Level 7

XeniaLydia

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on what computer operating system?

The YouTube player is 16:9.

Recommended upload encoding settings (Advanced) - YouTube Help

Are you using the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature? If so, what specific YouTube preset are you using?

Or, are you exporting your Premiere Elements Timeline to a file and then importing that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site? In that case, what are your specific settings in the Premiere Elements export area?

Backing up for the moment...what did you or the project set as the project preset and what are the properties of your source files that are supposed to match the the project settings (project preset)? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings there for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio.

Please review and consider and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13.1- Aspect ratio
            XeniaLydia Level 1

My computer operating system is Windows 10.

I export my Premiere Elements Timeline to a file and then import that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site

The first picture is the specific settings in the export area and the second picture is the project preset.

000001111.png

00000000000.png

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13.1- Aspect ratio
              A.T. Romano Level 7

XeniaLydia

Thanks for the excellent follow up information.

Based on what you posted, you have a 16:9 project that you are exporting to a 4:3 file which you are uploading to YouTube which has a 16:9 player. Result your black borders at YouTube.

Suggested solution: Export the Timeline content

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD

and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

I am not sure why you would want a MPEG2.mpg file for YouTube. But, you would want a 16:9 not a 4:3 preset.

Consider:

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG

with Presets = HD 720p30

I am not suggesting that you use this MPEG route, just giving an example of what you should have used to maintain the 16:9 project.

The project settings should match the properties of the files that you imported into the project. Do they? Based on the Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, either you or the project set project settings for a 1280 x 720 16:9 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second video.

Please consider and then let us know if the above worked for you. If any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR