• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty Illimiating CS4 Files To Possible Allow My CS4 Design Premimum Software to Reinstall After a Complete System Factory Restore

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I'm having problems getting rid of all the files on my PC dealing with CS4 Design Premium. My Unistall Programs shows it's not on my computer, but under Programs on my C: drive they're there. I've tried deleting them but haven't been able to. So I did some trouble shooting and found that I could download something like "CC-tools" from Abobes website and I tired that but it didn't work. Nowhere on the two CS4 Design Premium CD's were there any ".exe" extention to click on. Normally, my installation CD's for CS4 always just start running. However, after I did a complete Dell Factory Image Restore, and then downloaded all the previously backedup files from my external hard drive, many of my files would no longer work, including all my Adobe software and Microsoft software. Anyway, that is when I started having problems and when I tried opening Photoshop, for example, it gave me an Error Code: 147:20 and then the program closed. Any suggestion on how to get CS4 Design Premium back onto my PC would be great. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't just copy program files/folders to a backup drive and then copy them back... programs MUST be installed so Windows is able to create the proper registry entries

At this point, my best idea is to completely wipe your hard drive and start over with your Dell restore discs, so you may properly install your programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That's what I did. So my computer has all the programs it had when I first bought it. However, it has those programs (had I known) that are Adobe's and now I can't get rid of them. Everything else is working great on my computer, so I don't want to wipe it out again. Do you know the best way of getting CS4 back on my computer through the installation discs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines