4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 9:00 PM by bnies813

Laptop to Handle Adobe Software?

bnies813 Level 1

I need a laptop that will allow me to work quickly and efficiently in Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as both at the same time. I’ve read a lot of posts that point to the MSI. I’m currently looking at the MSI Stealth, Dominator or Apache models. I know the brand is going to be based a lot on preference, but what should I be looking for in terms of knowing if it can handle, with ease, Adobe programs and having several Adobe programs open at once? I know Mac is considered the best option, but I’m a PC person, I like working on bigger screens and won’t consider a Mac laptop at this time.

Some other specs I know to look for:

17.3” screen

i7 Processor

Minimum 16GB but 24 or 32, if I can get it

I’d prefer two hard drives -  a 1TB main and a 256 or larger SSD, but if it only has a 1TB main, that’s fine.

Here’s where I get stuck…the graphics card. Specifically one for a laptop. What do I look for?

The graphics card I think is the cause of a lot of the issues and frustrations I’m having now with Adobe software, but I don’t know what to look for or what I’m looking at. GTX 960?, 970?, R7 250 2GD3?…I can’t even pretend to know what all that means. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, if you could please give me the “Graphics Cards For Dummies” explanation because I’m not familiar with all those the technical terms when I read the GC specs.

I know a decent laptop will cost me, but it is a necessity, so I’m prepared for that. However, I’d like to stay under $3000.