2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2015 10:47 AM by kmeyster

New files not working

kmeyster

I have reconstructed a site, making new files instead of editing the old ones. My remote and local servers are synchronized, but I can't get my new files to take over the old ones. What am I missing?

I get an error code when I try to put the files to the remote server.

/web/web/css/ - error occurred - Unable to create server folder /web/web/css/.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

css\bootstrap.css - user cancelled

I don't remember deleting any css, but I must have. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: New files not working
          Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This part make me think you have some redundancies going on...

/web/web/css/.

This very likely means your site definition is not set up correctly. It's not normal to have your root folder duplicated. I'm guessing you have your local root as "whatever you named it" and then inside that root, you have a duplicate of the server root "web" and then all of your files?

A screen shot of your Files window while connected to your server and Expanded (hit the two square icon Expand button in the Files window toolbar) would show if that's the case.

The contents of your local root "whatever you named it" should match the server root, probably "web" in this situation. The server root folder should not appear in your local site at all, but rather, should be in the FTP settings below your username and password.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: New files not working
            kmeyster Level 1

Thanks for replying! I figured it out around one in the morning that night. My site URL was defined incorrectly in the server details, which is why none of my new pages would upload. As for the redundancy, you were correct. My predecessor on the site had created a folder that didn't have anything in it, but was linked to the pages of the site. I just deleted it and everything is fine.

Thanks again!