• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8- Can't Review & Restart module in e-learning/LMS system?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have currently built a module using Captivate 8, everything runs fine once in our online e-learning system, pass & failing the quiz etc is OK, however, when the module window closes: two buttons come up in the e-learning system called "Review" and "Restart", both of which will not work once clicked, nothing happens.

Is there a setting in Adobe Captivate that I need to change, for example, is it a simple tick box? or do I need to edit some of the code in the script/ Zip files?

It is currently published as SCORM 1.2.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those two buttons normally appear on the Score slide if:

• you have more than one attempt on Quiz level, and checked the option to show a Retake button
    Retake.png
  • you allowed Review for users on Quiz level
    Review.png

More info about question and score slides:

Question Question Slides in Captivate - Captivate blog

Question Question Slides - Part 2 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve,

I don't think he's talking about the Quiz Result slide buttons.  Since Sam mentioned that these buttons appear AFTER the module window closes, these must be from the LMS, probably asking if the learner wants to reset the lesson for another attempt or just leave their current score intact but Review the content without altering any previous scoring.

These things are NOT controlled by Captivate.  You need to look into your LMS and how the course is currently configured at that end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard, yes indeed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, got it. Misunderstanding, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you point me in the right direction in what type of questions I should be asking our technical team in relation to how the LMS system works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each LMS is different.  You should be talking to an LMS Administrator and get them to tell you whether this is default behaviour or just happens to be the way this course was set up.

The Retake button will be related to how many attempts are allowed on the course.  The Review button will be related to...well whether or not they're allowed to just look at the information without being required to pass anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for your reply Rob and Rhybeka, you're completely right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks however, It's not just the quiz that needs buttons to review or restart but the module from the beginning slide? So, review the module from the beginning, or restart the module from the beginning.

My guess is that it's something to do with the back-end and interactions between the e-learning system and the captivate file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam, if you're using Kaplan/UL's LMS I can help a bit. but Rod's spot on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources