6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 12:27 PM by amys77153694

hovering over presets siddenly stopped working in main screen in LR

amys77153694

I have LR 4. My small thumbprint navigator panel in the top lefthand corner is still allowing me to preview presets but is no longer synching up with my main viewing panel for hovering over presets. It worked to preview them in the main panel until yesterday. What did I press and what can I do to fix this issue? Thanks!

• 1. Re: hovering over presets siddenly stopped working in main screen in LR
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi amys,

You would only be able to see the preset preview on the navigator panel. You have to click on the preset to see the effect in main window.

I can understand that navigator thumbnail is sometimes not enough and a larger view would be great.

But this functionality is not yet available in Lightroom.

Regards

Sarika

• 2. Re: hovering over presets siddenly stopped working in main screen in LR
            amys77153694 Level 1

Thanks so much for your reply. I have reached out to a number of places and heard this same thought echoed from a variety of sources. This is very odd bc I DID have this function and I'm not sure how it worked  or how I had it -- maybe I had a live secondary window on full was one person's thought. Or possibly it is because I have a version available from my university where they had both student and teacher options available (not sure if the instructional versions had something that would mimic this?). Anyway, if it was a bug somehow, is there a way to sync up the navigator panel and the main window at all? I tried the live secondary window but this did not work to get me back to what I had before. I've used the program for several years, as it is version 4, so I have no idea how I had this capability and also had no idea it wasn't available until it went away on mine and I started researching this. Would there have been some kind of bug or thing to create this to happen?? I'm being totally honest that I had this capability and am absolutely dumbfounded to keep hearing that it's just not available in LR. ????

• 3. Re: hovering over presets siddenly stopped working in main screen in LR
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

It's always been the case, in all versions of LR, that when you hover the mouse over a preset in Develop mode, the Navigator preview updates but not the main window.  Many people have requested that ability over the years. I'm not sure what you might have been observing -- are you sure you weren't actually clicking on the preset? 

If you want the ability to quickly preview presets, you might check out the Any Preset plugin, which lets you use the cursor keys to quickly preview a large number of presets in the main window.

• 4. Re: hovering over presets siddenly stopped working in main screen in LR
                amys77153694 Level 1

Does your plug-in work with LR 4? 

To: Amy Siqveland <amysiqveland@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, September 4, 2015 12:49 PM

Subject:  hovering over presets siddenly stopped working in main screen in LR

created by johnrellis in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionIt's always been the case, in all versions of LR, that when you hover the mouse over a preset in Develop mode, the Navigator preview updates but not the main window.  Many people have requested that ability over the years. I'm not sure what you might have been observing -- are you sure you weren't actually clicking on the preset?   If you want the ability to quickly preview presets, you might check out the Any Preset plugin, which lets you use the cursor keys to quickly preview a large number of presets in the main window. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7931582#7931582 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7931582#7931582 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: hovering over presets siddenly stopped working in main screen in LR
                  johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Unfortunately not -- it relies on features of LR 5 not present in LR 4.  Sorry about that.

• 6. Re: hovering over presets siddenly stopped working in main screen in LR
                    amys77153694 Level 1

OK, thanks for replying to me. I will keep this email and contact you again when I upgrade.

To: Amy Siqveland <amysiqveland@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, September 4, 2015 2:06 PM

Subject:  hovering over presets siddenly stopped working in main screen in LR

created by johnrellis in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Unfortunately not -- it relies on features of LR 5 not present in LR 4.  Sorry about that. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7931819#7931819 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7931819#7931819 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.