11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2015 7:26 AM by sarsaxen

Where is dehaze?

hollymojo

I just downloaded Lightroom CC 2015, but the dehaze feature is not on the Develop effects menu. Where is it?

• 1. Re: Where is dehaze?
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Hollumojo,

Please update your Lightroom version to version 2015.1.1 to get Dehaze functionality.

Please let us know if it helps.

~Sarika

• 2. Re: Where is dehaze?
            ChrisB200

If you need to manually install the update, like I did, go here:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

It's very frustrating that the auto update mechanism fails to work properly, but at least this solved my problem (everything appeared up to date, but wasn't).

• 3. Re: Where is dehaze?
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

Auto update will work, but you might have to log out of and back into, Creative Cloud (via the CC Desktop app) first.

• 4. Re: Where is dehaze?
                ChrisB200 Level 1

Unfortunately logging back in and out did not work for me. Nor did de-installing and re-installing. Auto update has serious problems, apparently.

• 5. Re: Where is dehaze?
                  Keith_Reeder Level 4

Are you absolutely certain that you're opening Lr CC 2015?

• 6. Re: Where is dehaze?
                    ChrisB200 Level 1

Yes, very. I spent days on this before I finally found the manual update page. Logged out and back in. Changed my adobe id password. Uninstalled re-installed. Nothing worked until I finally found the manual updater.

I'll post shots from yesterday, just before I did the manual update, since I figured someone would ask:

shows no update 2.png

shows as up to date.png

no dehaze slider.png

• 7. Re: Where is dehaze?
                      ChrisB200 Level 1

Oh, and see the 2015 and Camera Raw 9.0 in the splash page? This is after I tried all those other items above. I forgot to mention I also tried the Camera Raw 9.1.1 manual updater, which also didn't help w/ Lightroom (still showed 9.0 on about page).

splash.png

• 8. Re: Where is dehaze?

Hi ChrisB200,

Are you still not able to see the Dehaze functionality..

Regards

Sarika

• 9. Re: Where is dehaze?
                          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You cannot update Lightroom with the camera raw plug-in. You are still not using Lightroom CC 2015.1. You may find it necessary to download it manually and install it. But the fact that Lightroom is reporting Camera Raw 9.0 indicates that you are still not up to date. What Lightroom reports is the version of Camera Raw that it is compatible with, not the version of Camera Raw that Lightroom is using.

• 10. Re: Where is dehaze?
                            ChrisB200 Level 1

You can see clearly in the about screen shot above that I had the "2015 Release" and "Camera Raw 9.0". I absolutely had Lightroom CC 2015, but the Camera Raw 9.0, pre-dehaze version.

In addition to the above About screen showing that, here also is my System Info from earlier that day showing I had Lightroom CC 2015 with Camera Raw 9.0 (un-updated version, even on Sept 12th, post-re-install, see the build number):

sysinfo.png

Uninstalling and re-installing via Creative Cloud resulted in the same version (with Camera Raw 9.0) even on Sept 12th. It did not resolve the issue. The only thing that worked was manually running the updater which I separately downloaded via the above "Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date" link.

The automatic update (and uninstall/reinstall) process for me failed. Only a manual update worked. Clear?

sarsaxen yes I now have the dehaze slider and Camera Raw 9.1 support after running the manual update installer.

• 11. Re: Where is dehaze?

Thanks for the update.

~Sarika