1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 10:45 AM by rachelj14825509

Adobe Flash Build Builder 4.7 Plug-In Utility not installing on Eclipse Juno for Windows 7

rachelj14825509

I have been using the Flash Builder 4.7 Plug-In Utility for Eclipse to develop my Flash Applications on a Windows 7 desktop. The first time I installed the Plug-In (a few months ago) everything worked fine. Recently, my development environment became unworkable (unsure why) and I decided to uninstall & reinstall FlashBuilder 4.7 (64 bit) via Adobe's Creative Cloud, remove and replace Eclipse Juno (64 bit) and start with clean versions of both.

This time through, I ran the Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Plug-in Utility installer from the utilities folder and the installation GUI indicates that the installation was a success and the installation log shows all successes. However, the installation did not work. I cannot view the Flash Builder perspectives and I cannot import a Flash project into Eclipse.

The fb-4_7-plugin-encoded.link was created in the dropins folder of Eclipse and points to the correct location.

Any ideas or suggestions on what could be causing this error would be great.

• 1. Re: Adobe Flash Build Builder 4.7 Plug-In Utility not installing on Eclipse Juno for Windows 7
          rachelj14825509 Level 1

Another piece of information that could be relevant:

If I run the Uninstall Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Plug-in.exe application in my Eclipse folder, I get a LaunchAnywhere Error: 'Windows error 2 occured while loading the Java VM'.

I am not sure why the application cannot load the Java VM. My JAVA_HOME and PATH system variables are set up correctly. I did notice that the Uninstall Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Plug-in.lax file has a blank value for the VM

#  LAX.NL.CURRENT.VM

#  -----------------

#  the VM to use for the next launch

lax.nl.current.vm=

However, if I insert the path to the VM, I get the same error.