• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10's Microsoft Edge browser won't print to Adobe PDF

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat XI Pro full license (not subscription). I've been using Print to Adobe PDF with Internet Explorer to save and archive web page files with no problems. Upgraded to Windows 10 and it's new Edge browser. Print to Adobe PDF hangs during the Creating Adobe PDF process. EVERY time.

Print to Adobe PDF still works with Internet Explorer and every other App as always. Edge will not Print to Adobe PDF.

Recommendations?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ksquid,

Microsoft Edge browser does not support the Acrobat PDF plugin.

Please refer to this Blog Acrobat DC, now on Windows 10 | Adobe Document Cloud‌.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge Browser will print PDF's. Change the following: Search printers, control panel, right click printer, click printer properties, click security, check the boxes manage printers and manage documents in the: Everyone and All Application Packages tabs. This works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advice donj90423, I can now see the print preview on Edge using the Anniversary upgrade of Windows 10. However, the problem of where the H3ll did it put my saved file exists, I was not even offered the option of what I wanted to name it.  Is it in a Cloud somewhere? Kinda like what Windows 10 does to Print Screen now?  This is my $100.00 Question for today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. The only issue is to make sure that all the boxes are checked so the process is allowed access for the users involved. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the right advice, although it is clearly designed to get Adobe customers to lease the latest Adobe Acrobat. The right advice is to adjust the printer access rights by right clicking the Acrobat printer in Printer Settings ensuring that all are checked for the people you want to be able to print. Once adjusted, the printer works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution did not fix it for me

CreatingAdobePDF.png

I am still getting this. And only when printing from Edge. If I attempt to print from Chrome it sometimes does not print everything. I have to access the page in IE to print.

I am trying not to use IE.

Also, I tried to print two documents as you can see from the image it kept the name of the first document with the second document I am trying to print.

Why won't it work in Edge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your version of Acrobat?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines