• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 Drag and Drop Multi-state

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this idea that I could use multi-state drop zones and just do a non-graded, match game type activity that would have users drag a number to an image

My thought was that if the match was correct, the image state would change to the "correct" image state and of course be "incorrect" image state if wrong.

I wanted to try to do this without using a submit button, since it really isn't anything more than an exercise. So when I test it, the drop target image changes appropriately with the correct or incorrect image

But after a few seconds, it reverts back to the "start" state. Basically the image is plain when it starts ,but it the answer is correct the CORRECT state will have the number on the image to show that the correct number was dropped on the image.

is there a way to make the correct image stay on screen once the correct answer has been dropped?

hope that makes sense. Thanks for reading!

series.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you set up the states? Was it for the drag source or for the drop target? I don't see your issue, when I drop a drag source that is correct on a drop target, the state 'DropAccept' remains. This is an InBuilt State for drag sources. Same with 'DropReject'. Those states appear immediately after a drag action, no need to use the Submit button. Whereas the states for the drop targets seem to appear only after clicking the Submit button. I am also only exploring this new feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this to do what I wanted after a little bit of clicking

I had 10 images/drop zones that were "faded out" I wanted to drag a caption with a number on it, the caption change color when dragged and then disappear when it landed on the right drop target. When it was the correct drop zone, the faded out version of the drop zone image would be replaced by a version that was full color with the proper number value on it and a check mark indicating that that item had been matched correctly.

In my early testing of it, once the drop zone accepted the caption draggable, it flashed correct, but then reverted to its empty state. It could have been the way I initially set it up, but once I figured out the new state view, it worked.

I didn't want to grade it, or collect the attempts and use "submit" to check them , it was just an exercise to re-inforce the information on a previous slide.

Thanks for the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Have you configured DropCorrect/DropIncorrect states or DropAccept/DropReject States?.

Thanks,

Nimmy Sukumaran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimmy,

That is what I tried to explain: the states for drag sources appear immediately, but the ones for drop target only after submitting. Is that interpretation correct?

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right Lieve. Drop Accept/Reject state of sources, targets appear immediately on Drop based on the 'Accept' criteria. Source objects retains its Drop accept state if it is in dropped position whereas Target changes its Drop Accept state to normal after few seconds as the target can accept\reject more sources. 'Drop Reject' state of Source/Target changes back to normal after few seconds as the user can drop the source again and the target can Accept/ Reject another sources.

DropCorrect/DropIncorrect states are shown during 'Submit' based on the correct answers.

Thanks,

Nimmy Sukumaran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what was happening, but I needed the accept state to appear and stay on-screen immediate without the need of a "submit" button. I got it to work as I needed it to in my course. I'm happy to send you the way I set it up if you were still messing with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jpm226 I'd love to see the way you set that up?  I'm having the same issue where I want it to remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just FYI, meanwhile I blogged about InBuilt states for D&D: Drag&Drop in 2016 with Captivate 9 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources