5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2017 10:32 AM by clifDC

Publish services: status bars have disappeared!

Mollysnoot Level 3

I was just updating a published collection in my catalogue when I noticed that the status bars/panels (e.g. the headings above groups of images in a published collection that tell you which images are published, which images aren't published, which ones need re-publishing) have vanished! I can't see them in any of my published collections. Publishing itself isn't affected, I just can't see if there are any images in a published collection which need to be published/re-published.

I wonder if perhaps I've inadvertently hit a key that toggles them on/off... Anyone have an ideas?

M

• 1. Re: Publish services: status bars have disappeared!
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi Mollysnoot,

Could it be possible that all the images in your publish collections are already published and there are no new images to be re-published?

Do you see a single tab with Published Photos in those collections?

Regards,

Chetna

• 2. Re: Publish services: status bars have disappeared!
            Mollysnoot Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion Chetna, but I first noticed this in a published collection which definitely had unpublished images in it: I hit the publish button anyway and it worked and added around 30 new photos to the respective online collection. Rather than images being grouped into their respective categories (e.g. 'Published Photos', 'New Photos to Publish', etc.), all photos in every published collection are just grouped together without any category heading/bar.

M

• 3. Re: Publish services: status bars have disappeared!
              Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Would suggest you to reset Lightroom Preferences.

Before doing that, make sure you know the location of your catalog. If not, go to Lightroom settings under Lightroom and check the location under General tab.

Then, to reset Lightroom Preferences :

1. Quit Lightroom.
              2. Navigate to the preferences file:
                • Mac : /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist
                • Windows : C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\Lightroom 5 Preferences.agprefs
              3. Move the .plist/.agprefs file to desktop.

* The user Library file is hidden by default on Mac. For temporary access to the user Library file, press Option and choose Go > Library in the Finder.

then, open Lightroom catalog again and check under Publish collections if you are able to see those headers.

Let us know if that helps.

• 4. Re: Publish services: status bars have disappeared!
                Mollysnoot Level 3

Resetting the preferences file fixed the issue.

Also, I think I've managed to tie down what caused/is causing this issue: since LRCC, I've been getting occasional crashes when working in the library module (always just after switching from Develop back to Library having edited some images); I've been trying to trace the cause of these crashes, having never had this problem with previous LR versions, and it seems that perhaps the preferences file is becoming corrupted and locking up LR. Still not sure why it's doing that though... All hardware checks out (always my first area of suspicion).

Anyway, thanks for helping me fix the missing staus bar issue for publishing.

M

• 5. Re: Publish services: status bars have disappeared!
                  clifDC

That solution is not helpful, because it means that you have to set up all your publish services again.