1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 2:30 PM by Karl Heinz Kremer

External JavaScript Editor Causes Acrobat To Hang

kmc27 Level 1

I have Acrobat Pro DC 2015 release (continuous) ver 2015.008.20082 on a Late 2013 Mac Pro desktop running OS X 10.9.5. In the Acrobat preferences, I set my external JavaScript editor to be BBEdit, version 9.6.3. When I open a PDF, choose "Prepare Form" > More > All JavaScripts, all the scripts open in BBEdit with no problems. But when I save, close, and quit BBEdit, I get the spinning wait cursor (spinning beach ball). I end up having to force quit Acrobat. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for your time

• 1. Re: External JavaScript Editor Causes Acrobat To Hang
          Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

Is it possible that BBEdit is still running? Acrobat waits until your editor is completely gone from memory, so if it's still running (even with a different document open), Acrobat will continue to wait. I am using TextMate, and I usually have a lot of other files open in editor windows. I have to shut down the editor completely, and then Acrobat will import the saved script and come back to life.

I just verified that this is still working as it used to with Acrobat DC.