3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 2:55 PM by Mrinmay Majhi

Lightroom without .NET?

jonathan+7007

I am seeing references to my Win7 Pro machine running "without .NET" I was surprised as during WinUpdates, etc., I would see that I was running the .NET framework. Further, .NET Framework 4.5.2 is installed on my computer as seen in Programs and Features.

I have been encountering a lot of Lightroom editing sessions interrupted by Lightroom hanging. I wonder if this is one of the issues causing this? I will check the Services panel in Windows but wondered if LR depends on the .NET Framework.

Thanks, in advance, for any info.

• 1. Re: Lightroom without .NET?
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi Jonathan,

.Net Framework is a software framework developed by Microsoft that runs primarily on Microsoft Windows.

Windows 7 (SP1) comes with the following .NET frameworks 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 support.

It is always suggested to keep .Net Framework up to date.

.Net Framework is also required for Lightroom.

If you are facing any issues with Lightroom, please elaborate the issue to assist you.

Also, please check and confirm the version of Lightroom you are using?

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: Lightroom without .NET?
            jonathan+7007 Level 1

Thanks Mrinmay. As you can see above I am familiar with the expectation that .NET will be running and up to date because I have seen the underlying framework for years in my Windows machines. I was try to guage the likely cause of these errors or status messages because the software was listed as installed -- and I believe at that time of the question I looked for services that needed to be started. the service was started.

The reason that Lightroom was stumbling turned out to be my request to "Use GPU" in Prefs. My environment is not helped enough by that setting and has been smoother since unchecking the box.

Someday we'll see better off-loading of develop(?) routines to the GPU but not for my machine level of graphics load.

...and I figured that Lightroom would want .NET on Win machines. Thanks for the confirmation.

• 3. Re: Lightroom without .NET?
              Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Glad to hear that Lightroom is working smoothly for you.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

~Mrinmay