7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2015 5:17 AM by eda22247399

You've done a disservice to Loyal Customers.

eda22247399

You've done a disservice to me and others who have supported Adobe be purchasing you product all these years. I have purchased 5 versions of Elements and Premiere Elements and 3 versions of Lightroom, all stand alone products which was the only way you could get them. You have intentionally left out certain elements of lightroom 6, and included them in your subscription service Creative Cloud, Dehaze being only one of the elements. WHY DO YOU TREAT LOYAL CUSTOMERS THIS WAY?  Don't tell me I have to pay for that........I already have. You've left bad feelings.

• 1. Re: You've done a disservice to Loyal Customers.
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

You knew the deal when buying a perpetual license, no new features after the end of the quarter that the version shipped. The subscription license doesn't have that limitation. They can add new features when they are ready. That's what happened with Dehaze. In point of fact there are presets floating around that allows LR 6 users apply Dehaze. There's even a plug-in that allows live adjustments. So you get use Dehaze, just not without help.

• 2. Re: You've done a disservice to Loyal Customers.
            ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

You are misunderstanding the timeline of events.

Your purchased LR version 6.0. Like version 5.0 had to wait for 6.0 to get new features, LR 6 has to wait for LR 7 to get new features. Nothing has changed here.

For the folks on the subscription plan, they don't have to wait until LR 7.0 to get new features. As Adobe gets the new feature ready, LR 6.x gets released to the subscribed members. When Adobe decides to mark 6.x as 7.0, the features will be made available to everyone, just like what happened to the 5.x users waiting for 6.0.

• 3. Re: You've done a disservice to Loyal Customers.
              eda22247399 Level 1

First, Thank you for your response.

I understand what you said and agree with most of it in general.  I was reading about and seeing screen shots of Dehaze when when Lightroom 5 was out and months before the release of Lightroom 6. Why should anyone wait for two more versions before it was included. Was dissapointed when it was not in LR 6. Just like what you said, LR 5 was out when some of these features were being shown for LR 6 release. When I updated to ver. 6.1.1 I thought by now, some or at least one of the features would be there. That was another reason I was so eager to purchase. Bottom line, if LR 6 was just released and those other features were available at the time of release, wouldn't it be expected in that version or at least an update.

• 4. Re: You've done a disservice to Loyal Customers.
                BKKDon Level 4

Don't worry find both presets and a slider (plugin) here ... Adobe only hid it - Invoke the Dehaze effect in LR6

It isn't worth it anyway.

• 5. Re: You've done a disservice to Loyal Customers.
                  ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

eda22247399 wrote:

I understand what you said and agree with most of it in general.  I was reading about and seeing screen shots of Dehaze when when Lightroom 5 was out and months before the release of Lightroom 6. Why should anyone wait for two more versions before it was included. Was dissapointed when it was not in LR 6.

The only time a Dehaze/Defog capability was shown before April's release of Lightroom 6 was at the Adobe MAX conference last fall.  It was demonstrated as an early "sneak peak" of technology that may or may not ever make it into a final Adobe application, and the demo that was given mentioned Photoshop rather than Lightroom.

Eventually Adobe did further develop and product-ize the feature into Camera Raw, but that news wasn't revealed until the end of May - just before Lightroom CC's 2015.1 update release in mid-June.

• 6. Re: You've done a disservice to Loyal Customers.
                    eda22247399 Level 1

I'm sorry Jeff, but when you dangle a carrot in front of a horse as smart as he is he's still going to go after it no matter what. You say no new features after the end of the first quarter, If that be the case, can you explain the PROCESS, and I'm being sincere when I ask this, if the subscribers were already using extra features when I bought my copy LR 6 and they did not include in the first updates? When did Adobe start subscription services?

• 7. Re: You've done a disservice to Loyal Customers.
                      eda22247399 Level 1

What can I say but Thank You....I appreciate the help.