0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 11:08 AM by Jonnny_R

Can anyone explain the spurious timeline stop events being triggered when calling play() externally on Stage?

Jonnny_R

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help.  In a nutshell I have an app which loads an edge animation and manipulates the timeline.  Whenever i try and use the timeline events to see a play() function from within edge animate I'm getting spurious stop events thrown.  I've put together a super simple example that illustrates the problem.

I'm using latest version, edge animate cc 2015.

Here's some super simple HTML that bootstraps an edge animation.

I have buttons that call play() or playAll() on the main stage as below.

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 18.56.59.png

Then I'm adding some logging on the stage time actions for play and stop.  This just outputs a line to console whenever the Stop or Play events are triggered.

See edgeActions.js below.

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 18.57.40.png

You see this is what you get

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 18.43.54.png

Each play() fires two stop() events - rendering the timeline stop() event completely useless as its fired twice on every play !

I've had a quick look into the edge code, and the stop notifications are fired from an internal _stop  function.

This is called on play() and seek() presumably to set a timer, neither passes the necessary opts.dontNotify to prevent the notification?

Anyone care to venture an opinion on this madness?

J.

Message was edited by: Jon - silly inline codes removed, replaced with screenies