1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 5, 2015 6:13 AM by Steve Grisetti

Adobe Student and teacher edition

rina-e

Hey everyone!

I bought the adobe photoshop elements/premiere elements 13 student and teacher edition a few months ago.

I installed it on my laptop, but that laptop broke, I can hardly use it anymore. I have a new one now, but can't install the programs on there, there is always a error message, that it can't be installed and I should restart the computer. Nothing helps.

I know that I can only have it installed on one computer, but I already uninstalled it on my old laptop. It must be possible to uninstall and install again on a new computer, if the old one is broken, right? Can someone help me, please?

• 1. Re: Adobe Student and teacher edition
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can install Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements 13 on as many computers as you'd like -- although you will only be able to activate on two computers at once. So, even if you aren't able to deactivate it on your old computer, you still have one activation left. (If your old computer can't be accessed, you can contact Adobe Customer Service and they'll deactivate it for you.)

In other words, the installation problems are not related to the software itself.

What hardware is on your new computer? What processor and how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space to you have?

What operating system do you have? Have you manually gone to Windows Update or the Mac App Store and ensured you have all of the latest updates, even the updates that do no install automatically?

Finally, what happens if you ignore the message to restart the computer and proceed with the installation?