3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2015 8:04 PM by A.T. Romano

Windows Message - PE 11 has stopped working, we'll let you know...  Here's my fix

Duke Green

There is not a problem to solve. I hope that is a relief for you tireless regulars whose help is so useful to us users. Thank you for all of it.

My original problem was during the compilation of a project to a BluRay disk, anywhere from 4% to 56% finished, before any burn, a Windows message box popped up saying "PE11 has stopped working. We'll notify you when we find a fix." or something to that effect. After going thru a lengthy discussion, mostly w/ AT Romano (thank you again), exploring a lot of obvious and not so obvious fixes, I went into my BIOS and chose a Default setting. I don't recall ever making any changes there before. Afterwards, I have not had any problems at all with any system performance, speed or program compatibility. I'm trying to be diligent in keeping drivers up to date. Especially the video driver.

I was finishing a project at time of the trouble and was able to burn BluRays just fine after the fix. I have since finished another similar project, never a blip.

Currently, I'm running PE11 w/ Windows 10 Pro, 16GB RAM, Intel i7 3770K CPU. Win 10 upgrade was fairly painless.

ATR

Thanks for the info on a possible upcoming PE14. As my project pile is empty at this point, I believe I will wait for the upgrade. I didn't completely explore PE13 trial before it expired, but I was pleased with the large amount of additional material, such as music, that they included. I look forward to a full version of 14.

Regards

Duke

• 1. Re: Windows Message - PE 11 has stopped working, we'll let you know...  Here's my fix
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

Great news of your advances with Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray, and thank you for sharing it with us all.

You wrote

I went into my BIOS and chose a Default setting.

What did you change in the Bios? Did you set everything to default or just one particular setting?

Congratulations on producing your Premiere Elements Blu-ray products. Great job.

Best wishes

ATR

• 2. Re: Windows Message - PE 11 has stopped working, we'll let you know...  Here's my fix
            Duke Green Level 1

Rather than vaguely remembering my way thru it, I just re-booted and looked at it.

I have an ASUS, it's called UEFI BIOS. When F2'd into, it comes up in EZ MODE. Mainly a graphical display of things like temperature, fan status, RAM, etc. There is a triangle with the captions Quiet, Performance, and Energy Saving at the three points. To the right are 3 buttons, with icons on them that correspond to the 3 point captions. Click them and the triangle moves in the direction of the point caption.

There is a button in this screen to F5 Defaults. You can also go into Advanced Mode, which is what I did. There is a more familiar form of the BIOS, at least to me, that is many different settings on the things attached to the motherboard. It too has an F5 option, but it is called Optimized Defaults. I'm guessing, but it probably sets defaults for your preference in the triangle so lengthily described above.

Anyway, when I did my fix, I took a deep breath and hit the Optimized Defaults F5, saved changes and exited. Since reboot, I have a stable platform. I can't honestly say I know what it set back to default.

Hope this answers.

Thanks ATR

Duke

• 3. Re: Windows Message - PE 11 has stopped working, we'll let you know...  Here's my fix
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

Thanks for sharing the further details of what worked for you with regard to Premiere Elements problem solving and Bios adjusts.

The details will give greater insight on the matter to those experienced in Bios adjusts and want to explore what worked for you.

Your extra effort in compiling the information for post 2 is appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR