6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2006 10:23 AM by razta101

getNetText html file?

razta101
      Hello,
      Ive been playing around with getNetText, what I want to do is for the movie to connect to a html file on my server and display some text inside the stage indicating wether there is any updates available.

Ive succesesfully done this with a txt file however it only displays the HTML code when done on a html file.

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: getNetText html file?
          Level 7
          > Ive been playing around with getNetText, what I want to do is for the
          > movie to
          > connect to a html file on my server and display some text inside the stage
          > indicating wether there is any updates available.
          >
          > indicating wether there ARE any updates available.

• 2. Re: getNetText html file?
            Level 7
            The only thing I can think of is to parse the file to get the text out that
            you want. I don't know of any simple way to get the text that you'd
            normally see in a browser.

BT

• 3. Re: getNetText html file?
              razta101 Level 1
              I appologise for my grammar. What I want is to getNetText, however change the outputed font to something other than Ariel and size 12. I tried changeing the cast properties font and size however the end result is a bit grainy, I think this is because the source txt file is notepad and there for is in font Ariel and size 12. When the movie converts it from Ariel to some other font and size the quality of the text degrades. I thought by making the movie get a HTML file with the same font and size text that I wouldnt loose any quality. So my conclusion is that I will have to output the text in Ariel, size 12.
              • 4. Re: getNetText html file?
                Level 7
                grammar? ..ah just a nasty pet peeve of mine. Hardly anyone uses the
                plural form of "to be" anymore.

Anyway, have you tried using an RTF document and setting the filename of a
                text cast member to that RTF doc? I'm not quite sure if that's what you're
                after but it crossed my mind.

"razta101" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:el4qf7$j03$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                >I appologise for my grammar. What I want is to getNetText, however change
                >the
                > outputed font to something other than Ariel and size 12. I tried changeing
                > the
                > cast properties font and size however the end result is a bit grainy, I
                > think
                > this is because the source txt file is notepad and there for is in font
                > Ariel
                > and size 12. When the movie converts it from Ariel to some other font and
                > size
                > the quality of the text degrades. I thought by making the movie get a HTML
                > file
                > with the same font and size text that I wouldnt loose any quality. So my
                > conclusion is that I will have to output the text in Ariel, size 12.
                >

• 5. Re: getNetText html file?
                  Lukewig Level 1
                  Hi,

IF the file you are getting with GetNetText is an HTML file containing HTML markup, and you dont wont to display the HTML , then either

(1) not include any html markup in the file
                  (2) set .html of a text member to 'render' the html - eg. member("display").html = getNetTextresult()
                  (3) Parse the info you want from the file (not very efficient, unless you are using XML)

-- Luke
                  • 6. Re: getNetText html file?
                    razta101 Level 1
                    Thank you for your help. I tried a couple of the above to no ovail. Ive decided that Ariel, size 12 will be sufficient for what I need to do.

Thanks again,
                    Ryan